• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League Twenty20

brockley

If S Africa and BCCI break up,and Sacb no involvement in runninng or the CL,then they would likely only have 1 team,Australia would be involved and have 2 teams,but with more Aussies going 2 IPL i expect that future Big Bash sides to be weak sides like these 2.Maybe their will be a 5th ipl team with 1 less Saffie team.

Last edited:

Arjun

That the BCCI goes hammer and tongs after overseas players from Australia and other countries shows how incapable they are at breeding local T20 talent.
If S Africa and BCCI break up,and Sacb no involvement in runninng or the CL,then they would likely only have 1 team,Australia would be involved and have 2 teams,but with more Aussies going 2 IPL i expect that future Big Bash sides to be weak sides like these 2.Maybe their will be a 5th ipl team with 1 less Saffie team.
Do you believe the Big Bash league has diluted the quality of cricket by adding too many teams? I feel things were better under the old, state-based system. Aussie teams need to stand up to the BCCI and refuse to part with their players. Likewise every other country's team.

Last edited:

brockley

Arjun i am happy with 8 teams even 10 teams,why, sign young talent that won't go to England,AFL or any other sport.I would be happy if Canberra was the 7th Ryobi and Shield team for that reason.
I would like to retain the players for our franchise sides,otherwise you have rediculous looking sides for the Champiuns league,Ashton Agar opening c'mon. Scorchers only playing 3 batsmen.We have had injuries too due to a constant off season (its the norm),but i have no problem with that it is exposure to different conditions.
On the lending players to ipl sides well 200 grand per player,5 players is a million,you can make a motza just by lending your players out,just means you have a **** team at the Champions league.
Looking back on my previous argument 2 Aussie sides and a Saffie side no wins in the tournament,thats farcical.Hope the other South African side qualifies.

Immenso

Just watched the second innings of Otago v Highveld.

God, Beard almost lost them the match again in the super over with his ghastly fielding.

Viljoen looked good. Saffas keep breeding them.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
They don't care because it makes the IPL thieves look amazing. This is a competition where an IPL side can play a club and have the oppositions best player on their team despite the opposition being the players identity and developer.

It's rigged from the start to make the IPL look super special and the only threat to this competition is the IPL sides getting consistently smoked, and if that looks like happening the format will be rejigged to help the IPL sides. Neesham and Quinton de Kock will both be playing IPL in the next installment, mark my words, and if their franchise finishes top four then that's Otago and the Lions knocked down a peg if they qualify again.
de Kock actually had a contract with Hydrebad last season, they must have either released him or let him play for the Lions. Although a good performance in this tourny almost always gets you a contract. Changes him from talented home domestic player to world T20 star.

I don't know what annoys me more, the fact that the IPL teams get two or three more overseas players, or the fact that they have bench warmers who could be playing for other sides in this tournament. The whole fun in the CLT20 for me is rotting against the IPL teams though. They have it so highly rigged in their favour that it's so brilliant to watch them lose. Has been somewhat successful in some of the seasons but with no English teams and Brisbane participating for Australia, this one has been a bit tougher. Good to see Otago step up though.

Kippax

The fact you let yourself be brutalised by my recent sales assistant at Grant Bradburn Sports (Tim Seifert, "cricket and hockey is what we do") was a dagger to Kippax's heart, he won't lie. :p

Raghav

Cracker of a game tonight! Rajasthan vs Otago.. Both teams are unbeaten so far in this tourney.