• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corporate Mafia - Game Thread

honestbharani

This is where I felt Daemon made this game maf friendly more than with any of the other mechanics (which were probably very well utilized by maf more than set up to be maf friendly from the outset). He had 3 of the best players as 3P and almost all of them not friendly to Town. I tend to rate Howe, Marcuss, UC, MG, Halsey and RIS as the best players within this game set up and when 4 of them are against Town during the day(and subsequent day) of the big reveal, (and 1 is already killed off), it really should not be a surprise us Towners ended up drowning in our suspicions.

honestbharani

Still think Shri is the one who would have been shot, as they knew his role and this 50% interception ability would have come back to bit them anyways.

Red_Ink_Squid

Probably true but I'd have died the day before you and GIMH the day after you.
Unless you were unlynchable for another reason as I feared.

Also there is an opportunity cost to leading discussion at the start of the day. E.g. I 100% definitively caught UC as Maf when he proposed NL....

Teja.

Global Moderator
Yeah obv, hb is right, I think. The reason why this was not default thinking in town I guess was that there no-one outside you, the doc who needed to stay alive, after D2 to lead the town leaving the path well open for us to faff about with UC about freemasonry.

Last edited:

honestbharani

In an ideal balanced setting, 3 of them would be town, 2 maf and 1 3P. And interestingly the 3Ps were not really aligned to each other in this game too, right? Which is not something I have seen before this game...

Teja.

Global Moderator
hb,

I do think you severely underrate how OP masons can be though in the right hands - it's often considered bastard OP. Imagine if we took out Halsey or UC instead of Marcuss on N1 and you recrutied Marcuss in your masonry as planned. Game would have been a comfortable town victory in all likelihood.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Yeah but that was offset by having me and VI there right? :laugh: Imagine if we had recruited Shri... :D

I did not say that is how the game should have been set up in my last post, I was saying why most of us went with what the better players were telling us. At least speaking for me and VI, we did not imagine a scenario where none of Howe, Halsey, UC and MG were town, esp. after we lost Marcuss.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Anyway, regardless of balance, the 3P characters meant that we got to see Halsey pull off an ATG fool performance and UC as the Auditor added beautiful intrigue to the game.

Overall, I thought it was a really epic, complex and unforgettable game without even using mechanics such as locations and items which I'm not the biggest fan of.

The real MVP is Daemon.

Last edited:

honestbharani

I have no idea of locations or items at all.. I liked the CBeeBies and 3Kingdom ones the most coz of the theme as well as very interesting roles and powers RIS had chosen but this one is very memorable for allowing the best players show off their skills.. Like seriously, the way UC, Halsey, you, GIMH and RIS played was all kinds of awesome. Should add srbhkshlkdf or whatever his name is, as well. :p

All of you played outstandingly well.

Honorable mentions to Howe, RTB too.

Last edited: