• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket related stuff that doesn't really deserve a thread

Heboric

Dont ask me why but sometimes I watch these type of videos on YouTube:

I was wondering if there ever was high end products for cricket. I am talking about autos, pieces of bat or pieces of shirt.

It wouldnt be affordable here in SA, but what about in England, India or Australia

mr_mister

He seemed a bit unstable on commentary once during the BBL just past. Got really fired up at Flem I think it was, overreacted to a simple joke. I remember thinking it might have made it into an article the following few days but it was swept under the rug

And of course he famously went off the rails in the early 2000s when his test career came to an end. Hope everything works out for him

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

And of course he famously went off the rails in the early 2000s when his test career came to an end. Hope everything works out for him
Indeed that 12 month period in 2001/02 was a annus horribilis that few top cricketers go through.

Read his autobiography which he wrote in the mid-00s; quite an interesting read although laced with bitterness which he seemed to have put behind him over the years. Denied culpability for what went wrong at the end of his international career although wasn't entirely convincing. Recall one passage where he talks about a meeting with Adam Gilchrist at the end of the 2001 Ashes which Gilchrist in his book a few years later basically said wasn't true.