• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - 10th/11th July 2020

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Interesting. How long as it been based there? And when was the last time CW had a non-US server?

Shri

Jimmy how much do you make off this site

And would you ever pay our mods for their work

James

Cricket Web Owner
Jimmy how much do you make off this site
Nothing, all the money goes to paying for costs and is saved for projects. I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to implement but it's difficult to handle myself and gone are the days when we had 10 regular contributors in the writing/content team.

Advertising revenue is down nearly 50% during Covid, and the site is actually losing money at the moment. Hence why we need the server move to reduce costs. It isn't cheap to host a site of this size and it's important the site is sustainable.

And would you ever pay our mods for their work
Definitely would like to one-day. Given we're in an era where Facebook, Twitter, etc have taken over for cricket discussion it's unlikely but you never know.

Shri

Nothing, all the money goes to paying for costs and is saved for projects. I have a lot of ideas that I'd like to implement but it's difficult to handle myself and gone are the days when we had 10 regular contributors in the writing/content team.

Advertising revenue is down nearly 50% during Covid, and the site is actually losing money at the moment. Hence why we need the server move to reduce costs. It isn't cheap to host a site of this size and it's important the site is sustainable.

Definitely would like to one-day. Given we're in an era where Facebook, Twitter, etc have taken over for cricket discussion it's unlikely but you never know.
Thanks for the answer. But I was just joking about the questions lol

I'll click the ads more

James

Cricket Web Owner
James, can we have PMs or would that be extra costs?
We discussed that amongst the mod-team a few weeks back actually.

I don't see why we couldn't bring it back, but it would be limited to people with a certain number of posts to avoid the spam-bots.

Once the server move is completed and settled, I think we could enable PMs.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
James I do my best work in OT between 10 and midnight on a Friday night. You've really made a mistake stopping it from happening this week :ph34r: