• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW helps little NZ pick it's new flag

Hurricane

Yeah. There's not actually 40 designs per se; more like a few with different colour schemes or slight variations. Such a farce.

They should make it a competition for schools nationwide, primary to tertiary level (i.e. graphic design courses) as well as being open to the public.
Yes. Does the PM have a bus to catch or something.

If it is that one that Adders quoted I will not be happy. For the reasons that Heefness mentioned I want all semblance of the union jack removed.

Hurricane

Basically if this were just black and white it'd be what I want.

Yeah I am starting to come around to a black flag of some kind. Surely it has to be black. It is our colour. What on earth do the colours in this flag signify.

Yes if it was black and white I could live with it. It doesn't reach out and grab me like the maple leaf does however.

Flem274*

123/5
get the nations best five year olds a crayon box and lock them in a room with a blank wall for 24 hours. the result is the new flag.

kiwiviktor81

It's got to be between the Silver Fern and the current flag. Anything else is an utter embarrassment.

In any case, listening to people sing the national anthem at Eden Park last night I realised that Key will lose the flag referendum anyway.

kiwiviktor81

And I love the irony that people want the Union Flag off the Kiwi one, but cannot express this sentiment to their countrymen in any other language than English. That this sentiment is expressed on a forum devoted to the most English sport of all is a double irony. Some people need a slap in the face.

Hurricane

And I love the irony that people want the Union Flag off the Kiwi one, but cannot express this sentiment to their countrymen in any other language than English. That this sentiment is expressed on a forum devoted to the most English sport of all is a double irony. Some people need a slap in the face.
You are comic relief with your passionate posts from left field.

Does the USA need a union jack in their flag then given they speak English there too?

HeathDavisSpeed

How very presumptuous.

cpr

Basically if this were just black and white it'd be what I want.

I suppose if you want to be known as the country with 2 people in a 69 on their flag, go right ahead. Progressive is probably an apt description.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Nah. Start a thread just like this one but in another language, and see how many replies it gets.
jfc. I suppose if you lived in South Carolina you'd march with the twits who say the Confederate flag deserves to be flown on Government property because it's part of the heritage?

kiwiviktor81

jfc. I suppose if you lived in South Carolina you'd march with the twits who say the Confederate flag deserves to be flown on Government property because it's part of the heritage?
Considering part of that heritage is white supremacy and racism then my reply is no, I wouldn't.

Dan

Global Moderator
I reckon put a marijuana leaf on the flag, similar design to Canada. That'd be something kiwiviktor would rally around :ph34r:

ripper868

Have just had word that this flag design has been given approval. It's intricate with many colors but captures what most of the country wants.:ph34r:
new_zealand_all_blacks_captain_richie_mccaw_holds__4ec2c5e354.JPG

HeathDavisSpeed

Nah. Start a thread just like this one but in another language, and see how many replies it gets.
Good try at shifting the goalposts, but that's blatantly not what you said in your last post. I'm not sure what the union jack has to do with English anyway. Or would your same argument apply if I could only communicate in Welsh or Cornish?

HeathDavisSpeed

Considering part of that heritage is white supremacy and racism then my reply is no, I wouldn't.
So the whole heritage of the Confederate Flag is negative and the heritage of the Union Jack is positive? Just goes to demonstrate that popular history is unerringly written by the winners.