• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** CWXI Tour of India **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI in India
3rd One Day International

It's been a long gruelling few weeks of cricket and it all comes to an end here.

Welcome to Kolkata, where the Cricket Web XI and India square off for the final One Day International of 3. The touring Webheads have won the first two matches, and look to press on for a second ever clean sweep.

Not since the 3-0 whitewash of Sri Lanka in Season 2 has the XI completed the feat.

Cast your mind back to the first two games of the series, where clutch performances from young Chris Butler and the experienced Neil Pickup were the common theme of success. The Indian batsmen have flattered to deceive, whilst the bowling attack has not achieved the balance required defeat the World Cup runners up.

The Cricket Web XI
I Markus
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
CR Butler
MJ Robbins
DA Kearsley - ODI debut
AP Chaulk (wk)
XPA Rose
NS Hoy
KS Wright
NS Pickup

12th Man: TC Halsey

The Indian XI
SR Tendulkar
V Sehwag
SC Ganguly (C)
R Dravid
M Kaif
MS Dhoni (wk)
RR Powar
AB Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Z Khan
A Nehra

12th Man: IK Pathan

Now, just minutes away from the toss, we're met with a bright sunny day and an absolutely belter of a batting surface. High scores are expected with the bounce and pace remaining even throughout.

Brendon Goff calls HEADS and, for the second match of the series, wins the toss. He's elected to take first strike, ensuring that for the third time in the series, India will chase under lights.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Ah Bummer! Shame we couldn't make it 3-0. It was only a matter of time before the Indian order did something, they were always going to. We just didn't have enough runs on the board to counter it.

thewizard1o1

While it is disappointing to lose the last games, not many teams come away with an away series win in India. Hopefully it is a sign of good times ahead for both the OD and Test sides. Well done guys!

kears_falcon_9

Very grateful to be given a chance to paly in the ODI team. Sorry about my batting prob let the team down a bit in the end with just quite not enough runs on the board. Well batted by Butler again is that 4 half tons in a row now?

Great series win boys and lets keep the momentum rolling into the next series.

Loony BoB

Samuel_Vimes said:
Ow. That opening-bowler problem came back to sting us. Well batted Ian and Butler, it just wasn't enough
I wouldn't leave it at just the opening bowlers this time around. Unfortunately a lot of the bowlers weren't very economical, with a couple of exceptions (including one of the opening bowlers).

Still, good things came out of this tour, let's build on them.

AUST_HiTMaN

Well done on winning the series guys, a well deserved effort by the team - but unlucky in the last one, shame it didn't fall CW's way in the final ODI.

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI in India ODI Averages

No doubt that my Man of the Series is Chris Butler.

Top CW batsman:
CR Butler 226 runs @ 75.33

Top CW bowler:
NS Pickup 6 wickets @ 23.00

Top Indian batsman:
V Sehwag 147 runs @ 49.00

To Indian bowler:
Z Khan 5 wickets @ 23.00

Attachments

bugssy

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW XI in India
3rd One Day International

It's been a long gruelling few weeks of cricket and it all comes to an end here.

Welcome to Kolkata, where the Cricket Web XI and India square off for the final One Day International of 3. The touring Webheads have won the first two matches, and look to press on for a second ever clean sweep.

Not since the 3-0 whitewash of Sri Lanka in Season 2 has the XI completed the feat.

Cast your mind back to the first two games of the series, where clutch performances from young Chris Butler and the experienced Neil Pickup were the common theme of success. The Indian batsmen have flattered to deceive, whilst the bowling attack has not achieved the balance required defeat the World Cup runners up.

The Cricket Web XI
I Markus
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
CR Butler
MJ Robbins
DA Kearsley - ODI debut
AP Chaulk (wk)
XPA Rose
NS Hoy
KS Wright
NS Pickup

12th Man: TC Halsey

The Indian XI
SR Tendulkar
V Sehwag
SC Ganguly (C)
R Dravid
M Kaif
MS Dhoni (wk)
RR Powar
AB Agarkar
Harbhajan Singh
Z Khan
A Nehra

12th Man: IK Pathan

Now, just minutes away from the toss, we're met with a bright sunny day and an absolutely belter of a batting surface. High scores are expected with the bounce and pace remaining even throughout.

Brendon Goff calls HEADS and, for the second match of the series, wins the toss. He's elected to take first strike, ensuring that for the third time in the series, India will chase under lights.

good to see i was dropped after just 2 games,,,good stuff guys........

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
good to see i was dropped after just 2 games,,,good stuff guys........
Yes, we dropped you... just like we DROPPED Chris Broadbent, who has a fantastic ODI record. Although you didn't perform in the first two matches, you weren't actually dropped. You just made way for a debutant in a dead match.

bugssy

David said:
Good to see you've still got that good attitude.

yep it is isnt it.............you dont perform for 2 matches and you get dropped . you set yourself a dangerous precident there.............

drop me all togther doesnt bother me.....................too many ppl in here that have lied about there true stats anyway for me to enjoy it..retire me from cwxi........effective immediately...thanks.....

AUST_HiTMaN

bugssy said:
yep it is isnt it.............you dont perform for 2 matches and you get dropped . you set yourself a dangerous precident there.............

drop me all togther doesnt bother me.....................too many ppl in here that have lied about there true stats anyway for me to enjoy it..retire me from cwxi........effective immediately...thanks.....
Hmm, go on, you can spit that dummy further mate. Have another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.