• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you wish people Happy Birthday on Facebook?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't want to sound like a dick but this happens to me so much IRL when I have to comfort an acquaintance (but not someone close) on something tragic happening to them when someone before me has already used up 'thinking about you, praying for you, i'm there for you, call me to talk' etc. It's especially annoying if one **** says every single buzzphrase.

Sounding like a meme wishing someone happy birthday is one thing but doing it when someone's husband has died of testicular cancer quite another.
I find this sort of thing much easier, more natural and less internally cringe/awkward when I've had at least two, preferably three beers. Sometimes I feel like my 2-3 beer self is a lot closer to normal sober people than my sober robot-memed self is.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I find this sort of thing much easier, more natural and less internally cringe/awkward when I've had at least two, preferably three beers. Sometimes I feel like my 2-3 beer self is a lot closer to normal sober people than my sober robot-memed self is.
You're saying the best solution is NOT to dodge them for 6 months till not mentioning it at all is not awkward again? Crazy!