• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you wish people Happy Birthday on Facebook?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hahaha

I actually like a lot fewer posts on FB in general because it's such a public place.
Recently in the Emerging Cricket Nations FB group you liked a post of mine and then typed up a long reply to explain exactly why you hated it, so I find this hard to believe.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Most people I know switched to Instagram. I recently reinstalled it only to realize I don't know what the hell to do with it.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I browse insta now and again but have never really embraced it. I'm so clueless with it that I think Daemon said he followed me and I've no idea how to find him and follow back

Or maybe he found me and decided I'm not with following

zorax

likes this
Recently in the Emerging Cricket Nations FB group you liked a post of mine and then typed up a long reply to explain exactly why you hated it, so I find this hard to believe.
That's only because it was you tbh. I don't bother correcting other people that are wrong in that group.

Instagram is probably the SM I use most. Facebook is great for keeping in touch with family and old friends tho (and CWers, it seems)

Teja.

Global Moderator
Facebook is dead and I don’t know if I cannot get into other social media because they actually suck or I just don’t care anymore about interacting with more than 5 people (that I’m constantly zooming with anyway).

Gnske

i always wish happy birthdays, but only to the three people i actually give a **** about

Howe_zat

Facebook sucks and has done for years, delete it

advert
advert
shared meme
mum's friend liked '20% discount at DFS!'
advert
cropped video that was on reddit last week
old school friend scored 356000 on BattleCandy!
advert
advert

Howe_zat

More generally though I do find myself second guessing things like birthday threads here, or on discord or whatsapp groups I'm a part of for example. I feel a real aversion to posting the exact same thing as everyone else. I always find myself thinking 'There's no point to this post, you're not adding anything' and don't bother.

Weird that this so rarely happens with any of my other posts, which also fail to add anything, but here we are.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Facebook sucks and has done for years, delete it

advert
advert
shared meme
mum's friend liked '20% discount at DFS!'
advert
cropped video that was on reddit last week
old school friend scored 356000 on BattleCandy!
advert
advert
advert
advert
someone you know casually liking a meme advocating genocide of your people

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
More generally though I do find myself second guessing things like birthday threads here, or on discord or whatsapp groups I'm a part of for example. I feel a real aversion to posting the exact same thing as everyone else. I always find myself thinking 'There's no point to this post, you're not adding anything' and don't bother.

Weird that this so rarely happens with any of my other posts, which also fail to add anything, but here we are.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't want to sound like a dick but this happens to me so much IRL when I have to comfort an acquaintance (but not someone close) on something tragic happening to them when someone before me has already used up 'thinking about you, praying for you, i'm there for you, call me to talk' etc. It's especially annoying if one **** says every single buzzphrase.

Sounding like a meme wishing someone happy birthday is one thing but doing it when someone's husband has died of testicular cancer quite another.

Daemon

Insta is great for following hot chix

Cricket content is great too, just follow all the cricket boards and major clubs/states. Tons of highlights and other good content in there.

Daemon

I don't want to sound like a dick but this happens to me so much IRL when I have to comfort an acquaintance (but not someone close) on something tragic happening to them when someone before me has already used up 'thinking about you, praying for you, i'm there for you, call me to talk' etc. It's especially annoying if one **** says every single buzzphrase.

Sounding like a meme wishing someone happy birthday is one thing but doing it when someone's husband has died of testicular cancer quite another.
“that sucks balls, take care”

zorax

likes this
Insta is great for following hot chix

Cricket content is great too, just follow all the cricket boards and major clubs/states. Tons of highlights and other good content in there.
You better be following the HK Cricket insta

zorax

likes this
I feel thinking too much about what to say usually gets in the way of actually saying it. Like, if I need to comfort a friend, or of I want to wish them a happy bday or congratulations, I just do it naturally with the first thing that comes to mind.

Finding the right words is overrated. Who am I, a motivational speaker?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Ah yes, my attitude to life in general.