• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Google hit with record EU fine over Shopping service

Daemon

Agree with the need for such a move, but it doesn't sit well with me that the largest advertising platform ever can't even flog their own ****.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Agree with the need for such a move, but it doesn't sit well with me that the largest advertising platform ever can't even flog their own ****.
Haha isn't what you've said in the second half of this sentence totally contradictory to what is said in the first?

Daemon

Haha isn't what you've said in the second half of this sentence totally contradictory to what is said in the first?
I didn't intend it to be that way - I basically support the move, but I don't..like it.

It's sort of like paying taxes. I understand and support the concept, but I'd hate actually paying them.

Shri

Google is an overrated company in terms of what they can do. They couldn't even beat the telecom companies with their Google Fibre idea and are now teaming up with SpaceX to provide cheap high speed internet through low orbit satellites.

vcs

If Google are overrated, other software companies are even more shite.

They're a big bad giant now these days, and control a big portion of our lives, and hence need to be kept in check, but it could be worse.. imagine if Microsoft was in that position.

Spark

Global Moderator
Decent products, more reasonable prices, less cartoon-villain stuff and gargantuan quasi-state intrusions of privacy/social control, and much better in actually letting you use their products however you want rather than locking most of it away from you.

Daemon

Apple are wankers. I love so many things about the iPhone and Macbooks but the compatibility issues (especially with external HDDs), general iCloud crapness (have to download pictures one by one ffs), fixed storage and microSD incompatibility, iTunes syncing rubbish, lack of dragging and dropping, ridiculously expensive repairs, etc is all just a massive pain.

The fact that it's all purposely done makes me hate them even more.

oh and foxconn ofc but you know who cares about humane working conditions