• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ntini you champion.

Nicest bloke in the world, no one deserves it more. Love seeing him do well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This disappointing thing from Pakistan has been their lack of application. Technically they may not have been as sound but at least they could have tried to scrap it out in the middle. As Faaip put it, the first 10 overs or so would be crucial and then it wouldn't be as tough.

And as I speak, Afridi gets out trying a slog. Huge gap between bat and pad and no timing. Maybe going down leg but he would have been out in a couple of balls any way.

Sad performance.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jono said:
And around only 2.5 players in the Pakistani team can play when the ball is moving around a mile (pitch or air).
2.5 was a fair bit generous obviously.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
silentstriker said:
I think Inzy is REALLY missed in this situation. He would be perfect to hold the fort in situation like these, he has done it so often.
I don't think even Victor Trumper could have helped Pakistan here.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid said:
Ntini's LBW and Pollocks clean bowled were pretty good balls, followed by stupid shots.
Pakistan has been just playing aggressive and you are bound to be out if you go for that approach here particularly if your technique isn't the best. Hafeez again lofted in the air and looked as if he felt he was unlucky when he should be blaming himself. A lot of play and misses and a lot of wickets resulted out of aggressive shots. Even if Pollock and Ntini hadn't bowled the bowls, Pakistan would have lost those wickets sooner rather than later.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good bowling breeds poor shot selection though.. Unless I'm talking to fifteen Richard's here..

Granted the conditions have been on their side, but I think SA have applied themselves well

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Langeveldt said:
Good bowling breeds poor shot selection though..
Poor shot selection can be a reactionary stroke caused by good bowling or a slog or aggressive stroke which a player played not keeping in mind the length or the possible variation the ball would have in the bounce after it has been pitched. Most of it was of the second variety here often resulting in mi****s and even wickets.

South Africa haven't done any thing wrong but Pakistan certainly have made it very easy for them.

TazzX

What a great fight for the South Africans :) Once again showing why you can just never count them out of the game.

:ph34r: