• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pratyush said:
Poor shot selection can be a reactionary stroke caused by good bowling or a slog or aggressive stroke which a player played not keeping in mind the length or the possible variation the ball would have in the bounce after it has been pitched. Most of it was of the second variety here often resulting in mi****s and even wickets.

South Africa haven't done any thing wrong but Pakistan certainly have made it very easy for them.
If the Pakistanis had been playing to take account of the movement and such, I think they'd finish on 110/9 off 50.. They had to try and up the tempo somewhere, after all, conditions arent condusive to scoring at 8 an over off the last 20

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can SA top the group since they're going to absolutely murder Pakistan? Will that help their NRR enough?

If so, that'd be nice as I'd win some money.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Langeveldt said:
If the Pakistanis had been playing to take account of the movement and such, I think they'd finish on 110/9 off 50.. They had to try and up the tempo somewhere, after all
Yes but not in the first 10 overs or so when the ball is new and there is a much larger threat.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pratyush said:
Yes but not in the first 10 overs or so when the ball is new and there is a much larger threat.

Right, and the target isn't massive, so its not like the run rate was required early on.

Dravid

Jono said:
Can SA top the group since they're going to absolutely murder Pakistan? Will that help their NRR enough?

As far as I know, no. New Zealand are still going to be #1 in the group.

FaaipDeOiad

Horrible batting display from Pakistan. Chasing 4 an over you don't need to commit suicide inside the first 10 overs. Bowling was good, particularly from Ntini, but it wasn't difficult enough out there to warrant that score.

Xuhaib

Jono said:
Condolences mate.

Hopefully you're not the one giving Indian fans condolences on Sunday :unsure:

Lolz...Nah, Indian batting is better equipped then these highly paid flat track bullies.

Actually this score dosen't surprise me because as soon as I saw this track in the morninig the first thing that same to my mind was WC 2003 Pak vs Eng.

Xuhaib

Today Younis and Yousuf showed why they will never reach Inzi-Javaid level, No mental strength to fight it out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Xuhaib said:
Tbh, had the same comment been made about Australia, it probably would not have received that sort of response.

That said, what exactly does the phrase mean? Exact translation please.

Xuhaib

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Tbh, had the same comment been made about Australia, it probably would not have received that sort of response.

That said, what exactly does the phrase mean? Exact translation please.
Yes, Pakistan will lose

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jono said:

Oooh. Doesn't that mean they're in line to play Australia in the semi-final?