• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you like your steak?

How do you like your steak?

• Total voters

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think it's a well-established fact by meat eaters that a good quality piece of steak is the best food known to man but how do you like it?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Medium rare.

Same with pretty much all meat that can be cooked in such a way (duck, lamb etc). I can make a steak that's well done and reasonably palatable when I cook steak for others but I wouldn't choose it.

Howe_zat

I usually ask for medium nowadays because too many people think keeping a red middle (medium rare/rare ideal) means keeping a raw middle (blue), which is the only thing that can ruin it for me.

Well done is kinda pointless, you may as well be having a burger, but burgers are delicious too so I don't mind.

Gonna be pre-emptive and point out that turning into a steak nazi and start talking about rare steak like it's super manly means you can **** off btw.

indiaholic

If you kill a cow, you will no longer have its urine which you will need to cure the bowel cancer caused by eating said cow.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Medium rare. I do like a rare steak from time to time but at that point I just prefer steak tartare, which is delicious.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I usually ask for medium nowadays because too many people think keeping a red middle (medium rare/rare ideal) means keeping a raw middle (blue), which is the only thing that can ruin it for me.

Well done is kinda pointless, you may as well be having a burger, but burgers are delicious too so I don't mind.

Gonna be pre-emptive and point out that turning into a steak nazi and start talking about rare steak like it's super manly means you can **** off btw.
Burger? More like old boot.

But yeah, agree with the rest of this post.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Good burger should be done medium ftr

Shri

Depends on the meat for me. I like fall off the bone meat in a stew more than steak but if I have to, something between medium rare and medium with lots of black pepper corn seasoning. Can't wait to try venison in a few months for the first time. One thing on my bucket list since its illegal here in India.

morgieb

Probably somewhere between rare and medium rare.

I complain when it gets to medium, so I can't imagine the horrors of well done.

Tom Halsey

Medium-rare, although I used to prefer it well done for some reason. I realised the folly of this about five years ago.