• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you like your steak?

How do you like your steak?

• Total voters

cpr

Steak is the most overrated food on earth.

I mean, its nice n all, but **** if people go on like its an orgasm in the mouth. It isn't

Having said that, I'm spending the next 2 weeks at a 4* all inclusive hotel on the Caribbean coastline, so I'm probably going to stuff my face full of amazingly cooked meats and steaks. Shall report back on whether its just the fact English can't cook or not.

Burgey

I answered the poll "not weldone" but I want to make it clear I didn't do so to try to big up myself or improve my standing on CW.

Medium-rare for me, ftr.

Daemon

While we're on the subject of steaks, Is it a coincidence that all 3 of England's spinners in the current game are likely consuming a steak free subcontinental diet at home?

Open your eyes sheeple.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tend to ask for it rare in pubs and medium rare in restaurants. If I'm cooking it myself it's likely to be closer to rare. Anywhere in that spectrum does me anyway.

Last edited:

Ausage

I like it medium rare, but I can't eat it rare. So I ask for it medium so the worst I'm likely to get is medium well.

Bijed

Seems to vary with me. Sometimes I find myself wanting a really quite well-done steak, other times more-medium rare. Never at either extreme of the spectrum, though. If I'm eating out, I'll order medium and enjoy the suspense of not knowing which side of medium it's going to be. If I'm cooking, I'll manage to cover the full range of tartare to charcoal in 10oz of ruined meat which I'll eat anyway because at the end of the day, it's still a steak.

Am I allowed to branch the topic into what cut people prefer? Rib-eye for me

Adders

Am I allowed to branch the topic into what cut people prefer? Rib-eye for me
+1 to Rib Eye......closely followed by eye fillet then scotch fillet. All of which should be cut around 2" thick.

Mind you I don't know how people afford to buy cuts of meat like this, **** it's expensive here in Aus. We have our own cows and sheep and do our own butchering, if we didn't I reckon we'd have to eat chicken and mince every night.

cpr

Steak is the most overrated food on earth.

I mean, its nice n all, but **** if people go on like its an orgasm in the mouth. It isn't

Having said that, I'm spending the next 2 weeks at a 4* all inclusive hotel on the Caribbean coastline, so I'm probably going to stuff my face full of amazingly cooked meats and steaks. Shall report back on whether its just the fact English can't cook or not.

had an awesome sirloin the other day. I'd say I'm converted but everything I've eaten this week has been an orgasm on the tongue.

basically, **** English 'chefs'