• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imagine...

StephenZA

My point was essentially that it's important for the general distinction between submission and consent to filter down to a very base/ordinary level of thinking, and that if it did I suspect this would most likely be beneficial in a number of ways.
This... but like so much it will take time, and much fight back will be had.

It general it would be nice if people thought about how their actions affect other people rather than just how other people's actions affect them....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This... but like so much it will take time, and much fight back will be had.

It general it would be nice if people thought about how their actions affect other people rather than just how other people's actions affect them....
Indeed. I do agree.

hendrix

I’m interested in the idea of retrospectively withdrawing consent owing to a misrepresentation, and that being categorised as a form of rape.

Having thought more about it, I can see how it could be a category of sexual assault because the consent has been procured through dissent, but it should be at the lower end of the spectrum compared with what we usually think of as a violent rape.

Then again, I’m a bloke so it’s easy for me to be a bit blasè about what is or isn’t a violation of a woman’s body.
I think we have to be pretty firm about consent being something granted at the time, and not retroactively given or withdrawn. What if the women knew that the man was being deceiptful, and decided herself to go along with it knowing that she could prove his deceipt later on?

I think I said this in another thread that while recognising women can be vulnerable, we still need to treat them as adults. I have plenty of female friends who will visibly roll their eyes at some of the obvious exaggerations of the truth that men say to them in order to impress them - but they'll still sleep with them because hey the guy is hot or they're horny or hell they might even be bored. Maybe you really did go to Thailand to save the orphans last summer, but it's likely you also factored in the cheap alcohol and parties on the beach. That type of thing. Men tend to have this really naive way of thinking that women actually buy all the bullshit we spout - I do it too, we all have an ego to protect.

Mike5181

What happens when someone lies about being on the pill to acquire consent from a guy? I legitimately know two people that have openly admitted to this.

Flem274*

123/5
What happens when someone lies about being on the pill to acquire consent from a guy? I legitimately know two people that have openly admitted to this.
no condom, no deal from me unless we're together. even with a condom i've never enjoyed the "what if" fears after spending a night with a more questionable personality