• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan air conflict

harsh.ag

Yeah. Pretty decent. Just 190 km from Islamabad, websites say.

Solid distance/buffer between the camp and civilians too. Good stuff by the Air Force.

hendrix

Either those are some terrorists with some degree of pride/shame or they're extremely stupid/emboldened...enough to have their camp outside of the realm of civilians.

In any case, nice to see Pakistan taking PR lessons from Saudi Arabia

trundler

So what happened for real? I'm either hearing 300+ terrorists or a bunch of trees. Was it bombs or just excess payload?

trundler

Pretty alarming either way. I was hoping it was just going to be more of the same - a border skirmish here, some dick waving.

duffer

So what happened for real? I'm either hearing 300+ terrorists or a bunch of trees. Was it bombs or just excess payload?
Theory doing the rounds(in india) is that the Pakistani government is trying to downplay the severity of what happened to defuse the situation.

vcs

Don't even know what is the truth or which version to believe. Starting to come around to the conclusion that life's too short to care.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
They were definitely bombs.

300+ terrorists sounds a little on the higher side.

Some villager did get injured though, and some village houses also got damaged from some of the videos that I have seen coming out from balakot. Saw the injured villager talking to some guy on camera. So there is definitely some damage on the ground, the interviewed guy certainly didn't seem like a JEM head or something.

I don't think Pakistan wants to escalate despite all the bluster coming out of the foreign office. This thing will die down soon enough just like surgical strike 1.0.

Last edited:

Kilowatt

300 jihadis or some dead trees, you can believe whichever version you choose to.

But please note, before buying the Pakistani narrative that it stands in company of

-Pakistans continued denial that it performed genocide in East Pakistan (now BD)
-Pakistans fervent denial about supplying nuc weapons technology to multiple dictators ( which they later wholly pinned on AQ Khan)
-Pakistani denial of its army taking part in the Kargil 'excursion' and refusal to take back bodies of it's own soldiers (which they later honoured in a small section of the ISPR website)
-Pakistani denial that terrorists find safe haven in their territory or that the OBL strike was carried out without their permission/connivance.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

300 jihadis or some dead trees, you can believe whichever version you choose to.

But please note, before buying the Pakistani narrative that it stands in company of

-Pakistans continued denial that it performed genocide in East Pakistan (now BD)
-Pakistans fervent denial about supplying nuc weapons technology to multiple dictators ( which they later wholly pinned on AQ Khan)
-Pakistani denial of its army taking part in the Kargil 'excursion' and refusal to take back bodies of it's own soldiers (which they later honoured in a small section of the ISPR website)
-Pakistani denial that terrorists find safe haven in their territory or that the OBL strike was carried out without their permission/connivance.
Well, the Pakistan you're referring to is the military. It doesn't really matter what the narrative is in civilian Pakistan. The military's gonna do what they're gonna do. The "bleeding India via a thousand cuts" strategy is going to be done soon, though, if BJP remains in power.

trundler

Mate, you're preaching to the choir. I am in no way suggesting that ISPR speaks the whole truth (or even partially). The truth always lies between the 2 official versions. I am just unsure of the extent. Each government will naturally modify the truth to suit its agenda. The news channels have confirmed the bombing. That obviously means it is far more severe than is being reported.

Arachnodouche

Pak will admit to airspace intrusion to paint India as aggressor, but will also deny any casualties so they aren't cornered into replying in kind. Simple political expediency.

trundler

The initial narrative was "we made em run!"

Anyway, how sure can we be that they took out a terrorist camp accurately?

andmark

I can only think that waiting is the way to go so that more sources can get into the open or at least see how the political narrative develops.

Kilowatt

Well, the Pakistan you're referring to is the military. It doesn't really matter what the narrative is in civilian Pakistan. The military's gonna do what they're gonna do. The "bleeding India via a thousand cuts" strategy is going to be done soon, though, if BJP remains in power.
The military gains its strength from having a Rambo-esque public perception and certainly takes great care to paint itself in such a picture. That is how Pakistanis believe themselves the victor of every war against 7x times larger enemy.

Soon enough sympathetic western media will be taken on a guided tour of supposed 'failed bomb strike sites' and the grateful reporters will make the indicated reports filled with interviews of re-educated villagers claiming how the bombs just hit some distant cow sheds and how they are grateful for the free beef roast.