• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan air conflict

smalishah84

The Tiger King
seems to be confusion about this, there are some reports suggesting that bombs fell in pakistan "proper" so to speak...
you're right, they seem to have bombed balakot which is in KP province and not in Kashmir.

And according to indian media in muzaffarabad sector (which is in kashmir)

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Pakistan claiming no casualties but I've seen reports on the Indian media saying "200+ terrorists" have been killed. Sounds bollocks but it does also sound ike its a huge deal.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
you're right, they seem to have bombed balakot which is in KP province and not in Kashmir.

And according to indian media in muzaffarabad sector (which is in kashmir)
The good news seems to be that the weird contradictory narratives seem to be aimed at cooling the situation a bit on the Pakistani side. but that's before the public wakes up...

Last edited:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
The good news seems to be that the weird contradictory narratives seem to be aimed at cooling the situation a bit on the Pakistani side. but that's before the public wakes up...
i meant according to indian media, muzaffarabad sector as well i.e. balakot + muzaffarabd

ankitj

I know it's twitter, but the cheerleading...
You appear to spend unreasonable amount of mental bandwidth worrying about Twitter..

Full on escalation into war will be bad. If Paksitan downplays or denies any bombing, so much the better. Hard to feel good about bombing in general, I just hope the damage is done strictly to terrorists and their infrastructure.

And almost hesitate to make a comment on this, but seems like the policy of Indian govt now is to not blink at the nuclear bluff (Pakistani spokespersons have habit of stating "we are a nuclear power").

harsh.ag

Hard to believe the no casualties story. These guys must have done their homework before the attack and it's not like fleeing is easy at 3.30 am.

Hope they were accurate in their attack and got the desired target(s).

vcs

You appear to spend unreasonable amount of mental bandwidth worrying about Twitter..

Full on escalation into war will be bad. If Paksitan downplays or denies any bombing, so much the better. Hard to feel good about bombing in general, I just hope the damage is done strictly to terrorists and their infrastructure.

And almost hesitate to make a comment on this, but seems like the policy of Indian govt now is to not blink at the nuclear bluff (Pakistani spokespersons have habit of stating "we are a nuclear power").
There is a worryingly large contingent of morons on social media cheerleading nuclear war and stuff like that. Hard not to find it alarming TBH.

We're all sitting in a massive bucket of gasoline and boasting about who's got more matches.

ankitj

There is a worryingly large contingent of morons on social media cheerleading nuclear war and stuff like that. Hard not to find it alarming TBH.

We're all sitting in a massive bucket of gasoline and boasting about who's got more matches.
I didn't notice cheerleading for "nuclear" war personally. And Twitter is not root cause of anything. It is only a symptom. I find it annoying how much time people have to discuss Twitter trolling. Invariably takes focus away from what matters -- causes of terrorism, intelligence failure in Pulwama, response to the threats from establishment etc. were all kept aside just to discuss how people are being dicks on Twitter.

Last edited:

ankitj

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is too far away for India to carry out an operation anyway. There shouldn't have been a doubt.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Yeah, but there seemed to be some confusion at that point actually because balakot in KP is the more well known place

srbhkshk

I do like this policy from the current government. In the end you can't just keep doing nothing - today it's 40 tomorrow it can be anything.