• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pakistan air conflict

Arachnodouche

https://m.huffingtonpost.in/entry/v...plLOoFPK7sYeBcOaUNhSi7JBbjpsZ1OekZLG_ULalICyA

No casualties. Missed the target by a kilometre. One theory suggests the Indian jet didn't get as far inland as claimed as it was intercepted and so fired the missile from a location near the LOC, reducing accuracy.
Can't really tell propaganda from fact anymore. As presumably a foreign reader, I would advise you to take sources like Scroll.in, thewire.in, and indeed Huffpost.in with more than a grain of salt. These sites run counter agenda all livelong year round so expect them to step up their game now.

hendrix

The initial narrative was "we made em run!"

Anyway, how sure can we be that they took out a terrorist camp accurately?
Again it seems really unlikely that a camp of terrorists would be out in the bush away from civilians, particularly just 2 weeks after performing an attack. I mean it's possible but it's not what they tend to do, is it?

The PSI narrative is even more lolworthy.

srbhkshk

My very general idea about the exact number of casualties has always been to take the numbers by both sides and average it out.

Burgey

I saw a report that an Indian jet had crashed near the disputed areas with the loss of the pilots. I'm not sure, firstly whether that's accurate, and secondly whether ti's related to what you've just posted. Either way, it's all terrible stuff which I hope doesn't escalate.

srbhkshk

I saw a report that an Indian jet had crashed near the disputed areas with the loss of the pilots. I'm not sure, firstly whether that's accurate, and secondly whether ti's related to what you've just posted. Either way, it's all terrible stuff which I hope doesn't escalate.
Nah, different districts.

vcs

This military dick-waving is nauseating. What a world we live in.

For Burgey and the other oldies here, is this similar to what the Cold War felt like?

Burgey

This military dick-waving is nauseating. What a world we live in.

For Burgey and the other oldies here, is this similar to what the Cold War felt like?
Sort of. Occasional flash points like this with background tensions always there. Easy to forget you’d sort of wake up back then and catch the news to see if there had been some sort of flare up. Strange time to be alive in retrospect.

vcs

If we look at this whole thing as pure bluster and posturing, I don't see how India come out of this looking good.

Two jets shot down/crashed, no real neutral reports of terrorists dying from those "surgical strikes" yesterday.

Burgey

Apparently two Indian Air force jets were shot down over Pakistan airspace too. This could get a bit ugly now.
By Pakistan airspace, do you mean like uncontested Pakistan airspace, or airspace they claim over the disputed territory, if that makes sense?

StephenZA

Apparently in Kashmir disputed airspace.

Any chance China might step into this soon? Pretty sure China would prefer that 2 nuclear powers not have a little tiff next door.