• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isis

watson

Banned
I don't know why I bother with you
Because you care about religion, society and politics?

Incidently, I call WW1 and 2 European Civil Wars - mainly because they were.

I think that it is very clear that Islam is currently at war with itself (again) with the main battle lines drawn between Sunni Islam backed by Saudi Arabia, and Shia Islam backed by Iran.

And so, not much has really changed since Abu Bakr conducted the Ridda Wars and Hussein ibn Ali lost the Battle of Karbala.

Last edited:

hendrix

I think that it is very clear that Islam is currently at war with itself (again) with the main battle lines drawn between Sunni Islam backed by Saudi Arabia, and Shia Islam backed by Iran.
Why don't you ****ing read the guideline I posted a few ****ing posts ago.

You're wilfully ignorant and it's pissing me off no ****ing end.

Sick of it.

watson

Banned
Why don't you ****ing read the guideline I posted a few ****ing posts ago.

You're wilfully ignorant and it's pissing me off no ****ing end.

Sick of it.
I read every line of your impressive list, but it's too far down the feudal pyramid and merely obfuscates the real causes. Sometimes it's better to go straight to the top of the pyramid to get a clearer picture.

Do you have a macroscopic evalation of the current Midde Eastern conflict based on both contemporary and historical contexts?

hendrix

It IS at the top of the pyramid as it is a snapshot of the crisis as it stands, intentionally without outline causation or historical context.

The purpose is so that people can draw causation from points in history to where they stand today: Whether you want to blame the US invasion and policies, the Arab Spring, Al Qaeda, or go back to imperial policies or even the frikken crusades.

The ethnic, political, national and idealogical factors involved just don't simply boil down to a religious war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. It's so daft to keep saying that. You could list it as a factor, sure, but even then it's more of a conspiracy theory at this point.

AndyZaltzHair

And so, not much has really changed since Abu Bakr conducted the Ridda Wars and Hussein ibn Ali lost the Battle of Karbala.
It could be one of the contributing factors by going with the unconfirmed reports that Saudi funded ISIS initially in large scale but not the one that sit on top of the pyramid. Sure Saudi wants Shia based Assad uprooted and Iran is backing Assad but the situation is not so simple that we can call it the war between Sunnis and Shias only.

ankitj

The thing is, when you say "Muslims need to take responsibility" it does sound awfully like you think they need to share the guilt.
That was in response to Pratters' post which sounded like an attempt at dodging real issues. Just like several opeds published after every terrorist attack that focus on peripheral issues like foreigners not feeling welcome in Europe.

Last edited:

Victor Ian

I don't get why Watson only goes half conspiracy. Go full conspiro if you go anything. The Octupuses are secretly funding and rallying the Lizards who are funding and rallying the Zionists who are funding and rallying the British who are funding and rallying the Americans who are funding and rallying the Saudis who are at war with the Shias who were set up by another arm of the Octupuses some 1000 years ago specially for this fight. Sheesh man - full conspiro is much better.

hendrix

It could be one of the contributing factors by going with the unconfirmed reports that Saudi funded ISIS initially in large scale but not the one that sit on top of the pyramid. Sure Saudi wants Shia based Assad uprooted and Iran is backing Assad but the situation is not so simple that we can call it the war between Sunnis and Shias only.
Ok but Iran has repeatedly said that any solution must come with the removal of Assad.

And, as outlined, the Gulf state funding is attempting to shift Al-Nusra away from an idealogical group and more in line with what most of the FSA goals. So there still may be a cold war between Iran and Saudi Arabia (not denying that some of that may or may not exist), but the idealogical split is not that great.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

What do the Ridda Wars have to do with Shia Sunni infighting?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Reports of a second separate shooting in the city center.

Although police are currently denying this

(Yes I know the German police aren't flawless after Köln but it's a bit harder to conceal murdered people in a city than a rape, while footage is easy to fake or transplant)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I remember the public transport being shut down three times in Bonn just because some idiot phoned in a threat about a rubbish bin on the tunnel underneath the city.

And there was a case in a cinema in Viernsheim a month ago where it was widely reported 50 people were killed and it ended up being just the attacker. Not saying this isn't as bad as it sounds but relying on twitter trolls is not the answer here

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Munich police

https://www.facebook.com/polizeimuenchen/posts/942509029228179

On 22 July 2016 several witnesses phoned of a shooting attack in the area of the shopping mall moving from the Hanauer Str. to the Riesstr. and the Olympia Zentrum.

Witness reports suggest three armed attackers. None of the attackers have been caught. There are no verifiable number of casualties.

Due to the unclear situation, we request all people to travel home as quickly as possible or to seek shelter in the closest building. Public transport has been cancelled.

Five years, indeed.