• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jeff Bezos

Burgey

Especially when it's employees are on food stamps and Amazon are getting millions from local governments trying to buy jobs for their local areas.
Just private enterprise at its best mate. Businesses are just like people - you have to believe in the inherent goodness in them and their motivations.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just private enterprise at its best mate. Businesses are just like people - you have to believe in the inherent goodness in them and their motivations.
Yeah, those millions of pounds from the state are indeed a shining example of the market in action 8-)

Top_Cat

The crushing bureaucracy of Germany means that not only do we have to wait longer for packages, you have to see the postie twice when the DHL dude calls to make an appointment to collect the import tax.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I like how his sexting messages are like those you would expect to be written by a robot.

Other than that I have no interest in this whatsoever.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Bloke is probably too clever to have an Alexa tbh. They are a privacy and data protection nightmare which, as he presumably had a hand in designing them, will know all about that.

Seriously **** those things. If I ever stay in a hotel that has one I am drowning the bastard in the bath.

vcs

One of my cousins' husband is very high up in Amazon and works on their AI technology. Not that it's relevant to this thread in any way.

Spark

Global Moderator
I did think about that, still don't know where to place it TBH.
my cousin's husband = the husband of one of my cousins
my cousins' husband = the husband of many of my cousins, collectively, at the same time

Burgey

Yeah sorry for having a laugh st that vcs. **** knows I get it wrong often enough. Was just funny in the context of that sentence.