• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jeff Bezos

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, trial and error works only if you have robust systems to identify and correct said errors
Not to mention respect for ethics, human dignity and fundamental rights built into whatever processes you are responsible for.

harsh.ag

Not to mention respect for ethics, human dignity and fundamental rights built into whatever processes you are responsible for.
I agree but also think that some tradeoffs are worth it if they can greatly accelerate the development of new technologies.

I would rather the world have a way for me to download my brain into a computer and never die than me dead with all my rights respected. Call me crazy. And for that I only have 60 odd years at the max.

vcs

This thread, unlike most threads, has devolved into excellent quality discussion. Kudos Spark, sledger etc.

Spark

Global Moderator
Disagree. Strongly.
Haha I actually agree with harsh at a superficial level but the word "some" there really is doing an enormous amount of work. But I definitely think being able to be downloaded into a computer one day is pretty appealing as an option.

trundler

This thread, unlike most threads, has devolved into excellent quality discussion. Kudos Spark, sledger etc.
Funny world where a slippy parody leads to this. Keep it coming though. I'm actually learning stuff.

StephenZA

I agree but also think that some tradeoffs are worth it if they can greatly accelerate the development of new technologies.

I would rather the world have a way for me to download my brain into a computer and never die than me dead with all my rights respected. Call me crazy. And for that I only have 60 odd years at the max.
And would that still be you or a replica of you?

weldone

Haha I actually agree with harsh at a superficial level but the word "some" there really is doing an enormous amount of work. But I definitely think being able to be downloaded into a computer one day is pretty appealing as an option.
Don't you think conquering ageing altogether is likely to happen before that?

Victor Ian

If you uploaded into a computer, who owns your algorithm? Can they make copies? Can they delete you to make space? If they don't run you every once in a while, you are as good as dead. Will you age if they don't defrag you?