• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

JJJ Hottest 100

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
#3: Angus and Julia Stone - Chateau
#7: PNAU - Go Bang
#88 Paul Dempsey - Edge of Town (cover)
#126: Gang of Youths - The Heart is a Muscle
#159: The xx - I Dare You
#179: Tired Lion - Fresh
DNP: Martin Solveig - All Stars
DNP: Duke Dumont - Real Life
DNP: British India - Take Me With You
DNP: The Amazons - Black Magic

3 in the 100, 6 in the 200. Acceptable.

I'm too white for most of what's popular.

ripper868

I didn't listen to the countdown but have a strong opinion that the music of this year was trash compared to the music of 10-15-20 years ago.

it may be that I'm beyond the 30 threshold and can no longer keep up with whats what. I used to know what it was, but then they changed what it is, and I'm scared. I'm Abe Simpson.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Camp Cope - Opener, The (58)
Cloud Control - Rainbow City (173)
City Calm Down - Blood
Cut Copy - Black Rainbows
Grizzly Bear - Mourning Sound
Kim Churchill - Second Hand Car (94)
Press Club - Headwreck
Waax - Same Same
Holy Holy - True Lovers (40)
Japandroids - True Love and Free Life of Free Wills

MW1304

I love Kendrick but the response to Damn is kind of bewildering to me. Find it his least interesting album, yet the whole world immediately heralded it as some sort of masterpiece.

DNA is a cracker but Humble isn't in his 20 best songs.

Uppercut

I didn't listen to the countdown but have a strong opinion that the music of this year was trash compared to the music of 10-15-20 years ago.

it may be that I'm beyond the 30 threshold and can no longer keep up with whats what. I used to know what it was, but then they changed what it is, and I'm scared. I'm Abe Simpson.
Out of interest I checked the list from 10, 15, 20 years ago. IMO 1997>2007>2017>2002. The quality really, really varies from year to year. On first impressions I like this year's a lot better than last year's.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I didn't listen to JJJ much at all this year, just looked at stuff I knew from my spotify listening. Had no idea where they'd end up - obviously not all that high.

Uppercut

I backed Flume and Vera Blue at 16/1 for this, thinking Tones & I had been overplayed by the time the voting happened. So ****ing close.

Bad Guy is a fair choice imo but the list is usually (used to be?) a decent place to find music that hasn't made it outside Australia yet, so it's kinda disappointing when the winner already got huge.

Daemon

I backed Flume and Vera Blue at 16/1 for this, thinking Tones & I had been overplayed by the time the voting happened. So ****ing close.

Bad Guy is a fair choice imo but the list is usually (used to be?) a decent place to find music that hasn't made it outside Australia yet, so it's kinda disappointing when the winner already got huge.
Yeah that was disappointing. Still, mallrat, Lime Cordial and BENEE all featured prominently and they're all gun.

GoodAreasShane

Bad Guy is just a truly horrid cacophony of garbage. That stupid "duh" sound is about the most cringe inducing sound ever to be put over the airwaves in the history of humanity.

Get in the bin

Burgey

Just a reminder no one GAF because music is so subjective it doesn’t matter who likes what, and anyone purporting to provide definitive analysis to the contrary is an up themselves ****head

GoodAreasShane

nah

I don't like it personally but to each their own. It's certainly not that bad.
99% of the song isn't unbearable, just kinda meh. But then they had to whack in the single most excruciating sound effect I have ever been subjected to in my life.

Admittedly it's heavy use in advertising doesn't help