• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Keyboard/mouse advice Spark and Chewie

vcs

I want to blow some money on a good keyboard/mouse setup now that I'll be WFH for a while now.

I'd like a sturdy build quality, preferably wireless. The keys have to be very predictable with no double-types etc. Mostly I'll use it for programming, no gaming.

Recommendations please.

Spark

Global Moderator
I want to blow some money on a good keyboard/mouse setup now that I'll be WFH for a while now.

I'd like a sturdy build quality, preferably wireless. The keys have to be very predictable with no double-types etc. Mostly I'll use it for programming, no gaming.

Recommendations please.
Before I can give reasonable recommendations there's a bit more information I need.

Most importantly, what size keyboard do you want? Do you need a numpad, dedicated arrow keys, dedicated page up/page down keys etc? https://www.keyboardco.com/blog/ind...nd-more-a-guide-to-mechanical-keyboard-sizes/ Read through this and have a think about what suits your need the most; although I'm guessing if you want something wireless then you probably are leaning towards the compact size.

Switch-wise, if you aren't gaming then you probably want either a clicky or tactile switch, so how bothered are you by loud, clicky keys or do you like them - like me - or do you just want the tactile bump (i.e. a bit of tactile feedback into your fingers when you press the key down) which isn't as noisy?

Otherwise the only recommendation I really can give you is what I'm using right now: the Anne Pro 2 with Kailh Box White switches. Really really great for my needs, and I use it almost exclusively in wired mode but I can use it with a laptop with bluetooth if I need to. The switches feel and sound superb, way better than Cherry MX Blues, and I got used to the lack of dedicated keys by learning how to use the "tap" layer properly (i.e. if I just tap left shift, it's actually page up etc etc). Build quality is fantastic too.

But there are a ton of similarly great options out there so yeah it depends on what you like and what you need.

RE: Mice I have no idea what the best wireless mice going around right now are, but I'm currently using a second hand Logitech G300S that I picked up from Ebay for $15 and I genuinely cannot see why I would need a more expensive mouse than that (it was far more expensive than $15 when new ofc, more like $60-80 and worth every penny of that).

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm slightly offended to not be named in the OP and therefore won't give advice.

In saying that I'd probably ask Spark for advice if I was a buying a new one too given I know he's spent an unholy amount of his spare time reading about this topic in recent months, so... carry on.

Chewie

Spark has asked the key questions re the keyboard: size and switch are the two important questions.

Re mouse, the MX Master 3 is a great work mouse - I have the 2 and it's really good. There are also some more ergonomic choices too

vcs

I'm slightly offended to not be named in the OP and therefore won't give advice.

In saying that I'd probably ask Spark for advice if I was a buying a new one too given I know he's spent an unholy amount of his spare time reading about this topic in recent months, so... carry on.
Apologies.. didn't know you were into this stuff as well. :)

Will read Spark's link and answer later in the day.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm note one of the chosen few but the Logitech Pebble I bought to be small and easy to pack away when working on then go is perfectly serviceable as a full time mouse now I'm working from home. Not ergonomic though.

Daemon

I feel like one of the most value for money mouses out there is the Logitech M331. Silent + wireless for $20, the shape is just perfect too. The back and sides are covered with rubber which feels soooo much better than plastic. If you need the extra buttons though then give it a miss.

Chewie

Side buttons + free scrolling mouse wheel are awesome features, and if you use spreadsheets a lot, the side wheel is also really useful on the MX Master

Daemon

Side buttons + free scrolling mouse wheel are awesome features, and if you use spreadsheets a lot, the side wheel is also really useful on the MX Master
Yeah this is what I was using at work. I didn’t bring it back though so now it’s stuck there until lockdown ends in July :(