• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

London Bridge and Borough Market attack

Burgey

Grim

Just had one of our senators, Sam Dastyari on the tv here. He was over there and having dinner about 20 metres from the bridge attack. He sounded pretty shook up, understandably

Burgey

Hate all this stuff. Had some of the best times of my life in London. It's no more or less horrific than other attacks, but when it's in a place you know well and have such good memories of, it seems to hit that bit harder.

_Ed_

Hate all this stuff. Had some of the best times of my life in London. It's no more or less horrific than other attacks, but when it's in a place you know well and have such good memories of, it seems to hit that bit harder.
Yeah, that's exactly it.

fredfertang

Sounds grim - van ploughs into people on London Bridge followed by three jumping out with knives - separate incidents in Borough Market and Vauxhall

_Ed_

Vauxhall an unrelated stabbing incident, apparently. But the other two are confirmed as terrorism.

GotSpin

Yeah was just chatting to a mate who lives in London a few hours ago. Mid conversation he suddenly exclaims that a van has driven into a bunch of people and there are sirens everywhere

social

Flying to London on Wednesday

Hope everyone is safe

**** those ****s

Last edited:

hendrix

All 3 perpetrators were shot dead within 8 minutes of starting the attack by police from an armed response vehicle.

That's a very quick response time.

StephenZA

****ing hell, not news I wanted to wake up to this morning.... they are going to have to start installing bollards everywhere in major city centres.