• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
ruined:
mother-in-law coming for a 3-day visit today

gonna make:
the inevitable heated discussion about how badly we raise our son, partly because we neglect his religious needs...should be epic
Look at it this way, come tomorrow she'll really only be there for one more day!

zorax

likes this
So talked with GF. She noticed I was being a bit distant and asked if I was mad, I said I was just giving her space. She asked if we were still on for a plan we had this Saturday, I said I'm up for it but not if she can't decide if she likes me or not.

Told her I'm willing to wait for her to make up her mind, since I like her and its still new and she's stressed, but if she strings me along too long I'll eventually get annoyed and call it off.

She said she wasn't sure how to overlook the stuff I did. I told her look, I'm not perfect, I apologised and I meant it. I have my bad attributes and I'm working on fixing them. But I have my good points too. This is who I am. I'll try my best but she just has to decide if she's in for the whole package or not. And if she can't decide then I'll make the call for her.

She thought about it for a few minutes, and then said ok, she's still in it.

I suggested we reschedule Saturday lunch to Friday night dinner at my place. I'll cook and after we can **** each others brains out after. She's in.

...and you all wanted me to break up with her. Pffft.

Also: Pizza for dinner.

dermo

You've convinced me. There's an Ogalo not far from my house and I'll likely need lunch before work tomorrow. What's the best thing on the menu to order?
hot ogalo burger is the go if you dont mind chilli

i've also recently discovered the joys of buying a prego sauce to dip your chips in

GotSpin

So talked with GF. She noticed I was being a bit distant and asked if I was mad, I said I was just giving her space. She asked if we were still on for a plan we had this Saturday, I said I'm up for it but not if she can't decide if she likes me or not.

Told her I'm willing to wait for her to make up her mind, since I like her and its still new and she's stressed, but if she strings me along too long I'll eventually get annoyed and call it off.

She said she wasn't sure how to overlook the stuff I did. I told her look, I'm not perfect, I apologised and I meant it. I have my bad attributes and I'm working on fixing them. But I have my good points too. This is who I am. I'll try my best but she just has to decide if she's in for the whole package or not. And if she can't decide then I'll make the call for her.

I suggested we reschedule Saturday lunch to Friday night dinner at my place. I'll cook and after we can **** each others brains out after. She's in.

Mate. Get her boozed up and everything Will come spilling out...words i mean.

Everything Will be on the table...again, the words.

What did you do? you ****ed her friends didnt you...you sly dog

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one wants you to break up needlessly. Just to stand up for yourself and not be whipped. That doesn't mean you are playing any 'game'. Just be yourself I would say instead of thinking she will be annoyed and worrying too much about that.

jan

Jan has certainly not won the mother-in-law lottery by managing to find the sole religious person in the Czech Republic
She is imported, its complicated.

Look at it this way, come tomorrow she'll really only be there for one more day!
I have developed a sceptical attitude to time-related announcements made by my in-laws.

First match of the season on Saturday, time to pretend Im rusty after long off-season :D

wellAlbidarned

Hah. The consensus was that you should give her an ultimatum and not allow her to string you around, which sounds like you did. Glad it went well.