• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I got sent two penalty notices the other week because I failed to pay the toll for driving over the dartford crossing. ****s.

Starfighter

Some cameras are sneakily placed, and others are mobile, so that probably explains it. There used to be a copper from the local village who would literally hide in a bush next to a hill on the busy road into town. Was a right dickhead apparently.
You been to Australia? I can absolutely gauruntee you it's an order of magnitude worse here.

cpr

Some cameras are sneakily placed, and others are mobile, so that probably explains it. There used to be a copper from the local village who would literally hide in a bush next to a hill on the busy road into town. Was a right dickhead apparently.

Very easy to pick up points on the major highways though. Rarely happens as most of the "cameras" are dummy cameras, but quite easy to do if you are a bit unlucky.

Friend of mine got points on his licence whilst we were driving along the M25 one time. He wasn't going any faster than anyone else on the road. In fact relative to other cars he was probably actually going a bit slower, and so the speed seemed fairly normal. However, later turns out that he was somewhat over the limit.

If you get caught speeding on a town you're probably an idiot though, as it's physically difficult to get up enough speed to actually go over the limit in most places if you're driving sensibly. So I agree with you there.

Edit: and yes, that was the speeding points case.
Quite easy to pick up points around here when the cops are out, because the village tapers off it becomes a nice wide road with no houses on either side, leading to the 60mph country lanes, nice and easy to start getting up to 40 without realising, then not noticing the cop who's parked up in a nook by the graveyard. I might be the only person in the village without points because of them.

Fully expecting to rack up a tonne now they've finished turning the M60 into the M25, variable speed limit is the apt name, have been driving along watching the signs change values for no reason (and they love dropping it from 70 to 40 over Barton Bridge for no other reason than its a bit tall....)

Starfighter

Lol yeah. The behaviour in sledgers example is so common it barely warrants a mention.
The rant I could have on related topics here is so long that it would make a Richard opus look tiny, but I'm actually in a decent mood this morning so I probably won't.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was searching for myself on Google this morning (out of vanity), and found a masters degree dissertation from a University in NZ in which I am specifically thanked for my contribution to the author's work.

I have never even heard of the author, let alone met them. But oh well :laugh:

harsh.ag

Was searching for myself on Google this morning (out of vanity), and found a masters degree dissertation from a University in NZ in which I am specifically thanked for my contribution to the author's work.

I have never even heard of the author, let alone met them. But oh well :laugh:
Probably Athlai lazily trolling the universe

Shri

Made:

Semester's done. Booked tickets for a live Jim Jeferies show on the 16th of December. Got work everyday from Wednesday to Sunday this week.

Gnske

Made:

Semester's done. Booked tickets for a live Jim Jeferies show on the 16th of December. Got work everyday from Wednesday to Sunday this week.
Does it feel like a victory though? Just finished myself and every semester I find myself getting more morose for at least a couple of weeks.

Shri

Does it feel like a victory though? Just finished myself and every semester I find myself getting more morose for at least a couple of weeks.
I have learnt that I actually don't give a **** about accounting but I have been doing very well with my law subjects. Its interesting but I am stuck in something that I don't care about.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shouldn't be especially difficult to transition from accountancy into law I shouldn't have thought, if that is what really interests you.

vogue

Made: Half term holiday. A whole week off with no teacher preparation. Meeting up with a couple of mates,going shopping in Leeds and Harrogate. Also going to my quilting class Friday. Family meet up Saturday with dog walk and pie and peas. Also able to get to the refugee meet up , missed a couple of meetings so another catch up Monday night. Visitors also coming this weekend. Busy then. :D
Not Made: Dentist check up :tooth::thumbdown
Also not made : the realisation that as a non teaching member of the staff I don’t get paid during the holidays :@