• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lord Presents..What Made Your Day + What Ruined Your Day IV

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Oportos burgers are solid hey, but never quite reach great tasty heights.

Today I had the Pulled Pork Burger from Hungry Jacks (well, I had two, B1G1F). It was nothing special.

Sidenote - I've had HJs only twice before. The last time was about 5 years ago, I had the Pounder or whatever it was, which was moderately acceptable, and more of a food eating challenge. The time before that I was 19, and got violent food poisoning the day before a formal. However the resultant vomiting left me looking thin and perfect.

Maximas

Oporto's burgers leave a bit to be desired imo but they're chips are sensational.
Indeed, although certain custom burgers I've made for myself (including rather liberal use of both the chilli and fiesty BBQ sauces) have really done the right things for me tbh

Daemon

Sidenote - I've had HJs only twice before. The last time was about 5 years ago, I had the Pounder or whatever it was, which was moderately acceptable, and more of a food eating challenge. The time before that I was 19, and got violent food poisoning the day before a formal. However the resultant vomiting left me looking thin and perfect.
Everything in this post sounds hilarious when you take HJ to mean something else. 'The Pounder' :laugh:

Smudge

Made (the last week)
Been on a six day-long South Island road trip. Had my cousin's wedding here last week (not my photos):

img_0980_raw.jpg

Two days with family with beer, single malt whisky and Cuban cigars.
Then went up to Mapua in the Nelson region for a night, including a wander down this beach:

Kaiteriteri_beach.jpg

After that, drove down to Hokitika for two nights staying with a mate. We mucked around, played a bit of risk, and had a round at the local golf course:

38.jpg

Yesterday, I took in one of New Zealand's great drives - 5 hours or so from Hokitika to Wanaka. After a bit of flat terrain (albeit with lovely views of the Southern Alps), you begin a few sweeping turns, a few tight climbs and then you hit the glacier region of Franz Josef and Fox Glacier.

Stopped at Haast Beach to eat my lunch (my photo):

Then up through Haast Pass, taking in vistas like this:

Haast-Pass.jpg

And the pass itself:

280px-Haast.jpg

Back home from Wanaka to Dunedin today and the views weren't too shabby either.

I generally dislike drives of more than an hour or so, but I enjoyed all 1900km of this journey and feel pretty lucky to live in this, our Aotearoa - land of landscapes.

Ruined:
Lawns had grown since I had been away. :@

Attachments

Last edited:

Gnske

Made

Getting a day off to get Uni stuff done is utterly underrated.

Ruined

Not actually doing that stuff and regretting it at midnight is also utterly underrated.

Dan

Global Moderator
Chilli is great. Will have a crack and report back (hopefully)
Chilli was good, burger was ok. All things considered, I'd take it ahead of Oporto simply because Ogalo is 5 minutes from home and Oporto is 25 minutes from home. The Ogalo I went to was pretty seedy though; I expect a proper one might have been far better.

dermo

is that the joint where the family split up and theres like 3 all competing next to each other or something?