• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mafia - main thread

Tom Halsey

I didn't really twig GIMH as a Napoleon candidate until the day we lynched UC. I actually thought it might be Milenko after his rightful Majesty comment right at the start.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't know why everyone got so excited by that "your Majesty" comment by Milenko, to me it seemed pretty obviously just a somewhat lame joke and nothing more. Then again I'm probably not the most neutral arbiter on that question.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just had an extra line hinting at his role, which obviously you can't do when you're dead in a no role reveal game. He probably thought he was being okay by keeping it vague, but it was still extra (and somewhat valuable) info in the circumstances. Cabinet was definitely right to edit it out.

I was also shocked I wasn't lynched as soon as I claimed Honoré Gabriel Riqueti. Dude was dead 2 years before the date of the game.
My first run of assigning characters actually included the Comte de Mirabeau (as he's usually known) because he really was the leading light of the Revolution through 1789-1790, but I excluded him for exactly this reason. Pretty incredible that the people who googled him picked up that he had turned against the Jacobins by the end of his life and was in the employ of the King, but missed that he was, well, dead.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I don't know why everyone got so excited by that "your Majesty" comment by Milenko, to me it seemed pretty obviously just a somewhat lame joke and nothing more. Then again I'm probably not the most neutral arbiter on that question.
it was probably more the timing. day 1 is always weird af and literally any post can get snitched at for conversation fodder, meanwhile there's some pressure to say something so you don't get modkilled and/or suspected of being mafia for trying to go under the radar.

i'll remember UC has a diffferent philosophy to me on town going to no lynch though. personally i find it extremely vexing when town is going somewhere for a lunch but lack of thread activity fails to give us any clarity either way.

zorax

likes this
I was also shocked I wasn't lynched as soon as I claimed Honoré Gabriel Riqueti. Dude was dead 2 years before the date of the game.
Just had an extra line hinting at his role, which obviously you can't do when you're dead in a no role reveal game. He probably thought he was being okay by keeping it vague, but it was still extra (and somewhat valuable) info in the circumstances. Cabinet was definitely right to edit it out.

My first run of assigning characters actually included the Comte de Mirabeau (as he's usually known) because he really was the leading light of the Revolution through 1789-1790, but I excluded him for exactly this reason. Pretty incredible that the people who googled him picked up that he had turned against the Jacobins by the end of his life and was in the employ of the King, but missed that he was, well, dead.
I couldn't tell you the years of the French Revolution if you put a gun to my head right now

Heck I couldn't even tell you who my character was

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I was obviously being loose with historical accuracy for this setup, but I said "early 1793" for a reason.

Uppercut

It was balanced enough imo. Maf should always be a little underpowered so they need to string out convincing lies to win. It’s no fun if they can win by staying quiet.

Spark

Global Moderator
It was balanced enough imo. Maf should always be a little underpowered so they need to string out convincing lies to win. It’s no fun if they can win by staying quiet.
Yep. And no role reveal really should have made that even easier.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good game Spark. Thanks for running.

Any idea for what we do next? Really enjoying this latest mafia run tbh even though I've not won yet

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I liked the mythology game we had a while back. Would be willing to run one with various deities (some greek, some norse/(c) marvel, some roman, some hindu etc)

Spark

Global Moderator
Could have given me less power. Feel like with a win condition like we have, it would have been nice to have some way to identify/communicate with other 3Ps

I suppose the 3 of us should have found some way to drop subtle hints to each other
I could have, but I really did deliberately design that role just for this game. It really felt that 3rd party needed a role like that. The idea was that on paper town looked incredibly powerful (as it proved in the game - once the key town roles got coordinated then town was just totally unstoppable), but unless town was doing terribly then 3rd party would be constantly trying to mess things up silently for them. Which is probably why Mortician and Roleblocker should have been swapped.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Sorry for the lynch Uppers. I hated the idea of being played for a fool by you more than the idea of wrongly lynching you.