• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Man of the tournament?

Who is your pick for Man of the Tournament?

• David Warner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitchell Starc

• Jasprit Bumrah

• Lockie Ferguson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Flint

I was joking earlier, I've always said I don't agree with England sending scouts to carribean to poach players. I would much rather see archer playing for wi and making them stronger which would make for better cricket

Howsie

If New Zealand win it's Kane Williamson, end of story. Without him this team doesn't sniff the final four.

No disrespect to Shakib, Rohit, Starc, Warner etc but....

Borges

> Has anyone ever actually wanted to do that?

There were two profs of mine (of German origin) who became Indian citizens by naturalisation. And a third one who applied and was rejected, for no apparent reason.

No sportsman would be foolish enough to attempt it, even if they wanted to do it.
It takes a foreigner (of non-Indian origin) to be resident in India for 12 (of the preceding 14) years before a citizenship can be applied for.
Typical sporting careers are too short for that kind of wait.

Daemon

Pretty much all my cousins have left India, not many like it there and understandably so. Every year I visit it just seems like the quality of life is on a downward spiral.

sunilz

Zorax, if Shakib wins man of the tournament in WC he would have done something which no Pakistani cricketer has ever done .:ph34r:

zorax

likes this
Pretty much all my cousins have left India, not many like it there and understandably so. Every year I visit it just seems like the quality of life is on a downward spiral.
Every year when I visit Jaipur I feel the exact opposite tbh

Bijed

If he does well in the final, I'd say Roy wouldn't be undeserving of the MoT accolade at all. Has set the tone fantastically in pretty much every innings he's played, and how much worse we looked (and performed) as a lineup when he was out injured really highlights what a vital part of the team he's been. I don't know how the judges decide - if it's heavily stats based his relatively low (compared to other contenders) run tallky and # of tons could count against him, but if he makes a genuinely big score that'd put both counts right.

Daemon

Every year when I visit Jaipur I feel the exact opposite tbh
Mumbai and Ahmedabad is where I go usually.

Not a fan of the noise, filth (which is getting better I admit) and traffic. God the traffic.

Food is just ace though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah I guess that's true I'm just peeved at the whole Jofra thing. I'd rather cricket resemble the NRL (with salary caps) rather than the EPL(only a fraction of the teams are a chance at winning)

Not advocating anything resembling a salary limit but west indies cricket really could have used a potential superstar bowler of Jofra's calibre.
If the West Indies wanted him then why didn’t they call him up for the U19s? That was the snub that gave him thoughts of going elsewhere.

zorax

likes this
Mumbai and Ahmedabad is where I go usually.

Not a fan of the noise, filth (which is getting better I admit) and traffic. God the traffic.

Food is just ace though.
I've been to Ahemdabad a couple of times too.

Life in India, to me, is better now thanks to improved internet, Amazon, and the abundance of shopping/taxi/food delivery apps. Plus cricket on Hotstar.

As it is domestic help is cheap af, and the food is awesome. And the Swachh Bharat movement is having an impact.

The noise and pollution is still a problem, but Jaipur is nowhere as bad as Mumbai or Ahemdabad in that regard. I remember struggling to go to bed at night in Ahemdabad things could get so loud.

Those living in India better placed to comment, but I feel it's getting better each time I visit. My family there thinks things are on the up as well. And after all, that is part of why Modi won such a landslide isn't it?

Arachnodouche

I've been to Ahemdabad a couple of times too.

Life in India, to me, is better now thanks to improved internet, Amazon, and the abundance of shopping/taxi/food delivery apps. Plus cricket on Hotstar.

As it is domestic help is cheap af, and the food is awesome. And the Swachh Bharat movement is having an impact.

The noise and pollution is still a problem, but Jaipur is nowhere as bad as Mumbai or Ahemdabad in that regard. I remember struggling to go to bed at night in Ahemdabad things could get so loud.

Those living in India better placed to comment, but I feel it's getting better each time I visit. My family there thinks things are on the up as well. And after all, that is part of why Modi won such a landslide isn't it?
My usual yardstick for where we are as a people is commuting in traffic. Any country where people behind you honk and curse because you had the temerity to stop at a red light has a long way to go.

zorax

likes this
Yea but I just Uber or Ola cab everywhere and stream ranji trophy on my phone till I get to my destination

sunilz

Extremely wrong decision to award KW player of the tournament when he played 2 more matches and scored less runs than Shakib