• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MH370 missing en route to Beijing

James

Cricket Web Owner
With all the technology in this day and age, I can't understand why it's taken this long to locate the plane and as of this post they still have no idea where it is.

Top_Cat

https://mobile.twitter.com/flightradar24/status/442118255511998464/photo/1?screen_name=flightradar24

Technology doesn't help much when it went down in the middle of the night and had about 4 hours to settle in a hundred metres of water. Would take hours just to get out there to start the search and you'd have to wait until first light.

One of those situations where there's no easy way to do it, sadly. They'd know where it should be at the metre scale but actually finding it, tough. And there's no way they'd risk putting out the 'we found it' call until basically some fisherman sees some wreckage.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Yeah and considering the speed it's apparently disappeared and where it went down, well, I'd be surprised if there aren't truther sites out there being written as we speak. Although I did have a chuckle when someone initially wondered about North Korean missile tests, like they're anywhere near where this happened.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Only that both happened in cruise and even then, AF447 only really started to go wrong when the pilots took over..... Different types (AF447 was an A330 vs this one being a 777-200), different locations (middle of the Atlantic vs South China Sea) and different weather (bad vs clear).

Last edited: