• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Lol, my married friends and I must be living in bizzaro world. We're all petrified at being locked up with our wives all day for the next 21 days.

Oh god, the nagging etc.....
Man, I could be locked up with my wife and kids forever. Since the lockdown I've gotten her into reading a bit and playing VR games with me. It's just been so good to be able to talk when the kids are down. We have days where we can't stand each other but overall it's been great. The only "problem" has been my daughter who is going through that phase when she just will not stop talking or singing Frozen songs, so we're thinking about putting her up for adoption.

Adders

My Dad and stepmum (in their 80's) have not left the house in 8 days. I'm waiting daily for the phone call from Stepmom "im really sorry but I had to kill your father this morning"

It's coming.......i just know it.

Burgey

I haven't been able to see the SO for over a month now (different cities) and with the lockdown I don't even know how many weeks we will have to wait.

Both of us are safe and economically stable and It's very #firstworldproblems compared to what others are going through but still sucks man. :(
You’ll be like an overturned ice cream van when you get to see her.

Flem274*

123/5
Alert Level Four in NZ. Good luck guys, especially those in essential services.
<3 love you long time
I haven't been able to see the SO for over a month now (different cities) and with the lockdown I don't even know how many weeks we will have to wait.

Both of us are safe and economically stable and It's very #firstworldproblems compared to what others are going through but still sucks man. :(
I feel you. Was meant to fly to London next week to visit my gf. I won't be able to visit until August/September (if this even blows over by then), because I start a new job in May and have three months of probation.

Got 8 days of leave to clear in my old company and a week in between jobs which will all be wasted sitting at home.

I feel bad for even complaining about something trivial like this at such a time but it really does suck.
sorry to hear bois

Gnske

Work being coordinated through Facetime is great when the boss's 5 kids are stuck at home with him.

I may just have to give myself a vasectomy with a butter knife in due course.

Fuller Pilch

History - History of the game (and with it, British colonialism, Apartheid, Independence of the Caribbean, the rise of the Subcontinent)
Politics - The history and inner workings of the ICC, and the current dealings of the Big 3
Ethics - Should a batsman walk or not? Is Mankading acceptable? Why should we never argue with the Umpire? Also run through Bodyline, Underam, and other great cricket controversies of the past
Languages - Teach the kid how sledging varies between England, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean, and bolster his foul language vocabulary in Hindi, Urdu, Afrikaans, Bengali, Tamil, and Punjabi
Religion - Why Sachin is God
Thanks! Now to tell my wife I've been given online advice to teach this stuff.

Fuller Pilch

All the best to everyone - especially those separated from loved ones and worried about family members and friends. Stay safe (and sane).

honestbharani

All the best to all our CW brethren where they have imposed lockdowns. I assume its India Pak and NZ so far, hope all of us get through this fine and everyone and their loved ones stay safe and sound. All the best, guys. :)

Flem274*

123/5
im thanking all thats holy i have work tbh because now that i know im in lockdown im already drunk and bored of my house

duffer

Man, I could be locked up with my wife and kids forever. Since the lockdown I've gotten her into reading a bit and playing VR games with me. It's just been so good to be able to talk when the kids are down. We have days where we can't stand each other but overall it's been great. The only "problem" has been my daughter who is going through that phase when she just will not stop talking or singing Frozen songs, so we're thinking about putting her up for adoption.
You're blessed my friend.

ankitj

I wouldn't mind being locked up with family either. It's doing work from home with family at home that kills me. My 4 year old keeps knocking on the door and wants to play with me or listen to stories, no matter what hour of the day.

Son Of Coco

I wouldn't mind being locked up with family either. It's doing work from home with family at home that kills me. My 4 year old keeps knocking on the door and wants to play with me or listen to stories, no matter what hour of the day.
:laugh: yeah it's hard work. We're doing online training this week, and keeping my 4 year old occupied while that's happening isn't easy!

I find the biggest problem is other families and their kids though. We have some of the neighbourhood kids staying home from school because of the virus, and then spending all day outside playing with each other, which then makes my 4 year old keen to go out too. They're all over each other because at least 3 of the kids have parents who are ****ing useless - they let them run around outside with zero supervision and rely on the neighbourhood to look after them. I ended up having to tell them to go away unless their parents were prepared to come out and look after them today so we could get some space on our driveway to just kick a ball around without being smothered. Given the current situation, letting your kids run around as if it's situational normal is incredibly irresponsible. People are dumb ****s.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You are a better man than me. We are being sequestered so not all of us are on at the same time, and so we have a rotating schedule. My wife still has to work.

Dude, I am losing my mind being stuck with my kid. I mean don't get me wrong, I love him. But there is no way in hell I could stay at home all day every day. We also live in a downtown 2 bedroom apartment, so it makes it a little harder because you can't get away within your house even if you want to.

Last edited: