• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** COVID-19 Discussion

Burgey

Man, misguided American exceptionalism is as nothing compared to the misguided HK exceptionalism we see in so many of zorax's posts.

Fuller Pilch

Alert Level Four in NZ. Good luck guys, especially those in essential services.
It kicks in 6 more hours - midnight NZT.

Am trying to plan a homeschooling curriculum - PE is sorted, maths is easy (averages and strike rates), listening comprehension (who is talking - Tony, Richie, or Bill?), social studies/geography - where are Eden Gardens and Sabina Park, Physics - explain swing and reverse swing

Any more suggestions are appreciated.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I haven't been able to see the SO for over a month now (different cities) and with the lockdown I don't even know how many weeks we will have to wait.

Both of us are safe and economically stable and It's very #firstworldproblems compared to what others are going through but still sucks man. :(

Daemon

I haven't been able to see the SO for over a month now (different cities) and with the lockdown I don't even know how many weeks we will have to wait.

Both of us are safe and economically stable and It's very #firstworldproblems compared to what others are going through but still sucks man. :(
I feel you. Was meant to fly to London next week to visit my gf. I won't be able to visit until August/September (if this even blows over by then), because I start a new job in May and have three months of probation.

Got 8 days of leave to clear in my old company and a week in between jobs which will all be wasted sitting at home.

I feel bad for even complaining about something trivial like this at such a time but it really does suck.

zorax

likes this
It kicks in 6 more hours - midnight NZT.

Am trying to plan a homeschooling curriculum - PE is sorted, maths is easy (averages and strike rates), listening comprehension (who is talking - Tony, Richie, or Bill?), social studies/geography - where are Eden Gardens and Sabina Park, Physics - explain swing and reverse swing

Any more suggestions are appreciated.
History - History of the game (and with it, British colonialism, Apartheid, Independence of the Caribbean, the rise of the Subcontinent)
Politics - The history and inner workings of the ICC, and the current dealings of the Big 3
Ethics - Should a batsman walk or not? Is Mankading acceptable? Why should we never argue with the Umpire? Also run through Bodyline, Underam, and other great cricket controversies of the past
Languages - Teach the kid how sledging varies between England, Australia, New Zealand and the Caribbean, and bolster his foul language vocabulary in Hindi, Urdu, Afrikaans, Bengali, Tamil, and Punjabi
Religion - Why Sachin is God

_Ed_

I feel you. Was meant to fly to London next week to visit my gf. I won't be able to visit until August/September (if this even blows over by then), because I start a new job in May and have three months of probation.

Got 8 days of leave to clear in my old company and a week in between jobs which will all be wasted sitting at home.

I feel bad for even complaining about something trivial like this at such a time but it really does suck.
Sorry to hear, guys. :( That does suck massively.

zorax

likes this

Damn. Something like this can really put a strain on a relationship. Hope your relationships come out stronger having survived it.

duffer

Lol, my married friends and I must be living in bizzaro world. We're all petrified at being locked up with our wives all day for the next 21 days.

Oh god, the nagging etc.....