• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Neil Pickup said:
I believe this is the first ever time I've captained a CW XI side in any game - it's a massive, massive honour and I will do everything in my power to ensure a performance follows.

I'm not happy that Patrick's ahead of me in the list, though.
Neil = super hero? :mellow:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Australia 1st ODI XII

AC Gilchrist (wk)
SM Katich
RT Ponting (C)
DR Martyn
A Symonds
MJ Clarke
MEK Hussey
GB Hogg
B Lee
SR Clark
SW Tait

12th Man: PA Jaques

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI 1st ODI XII

I Markus
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
CR Butler
MW DeSilva
MJ Robbins
AP Chaulk (wk)
TC Halsey
NS Hoy
XPA Rose
NS Pickup

12th Man: NL Patrick

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Big challenge here boys - I suggest we use the tactic of getting Katich as much strike as possible - if he can only score at his customary 70, we've a winnable target!

dinu23

god damn it! I don't think I deserve to be in the team at the moment. My form is just awful. better bring in Dauth or someone in form.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You won't find form if you don't play. Everyone has rough patches. Just keep doing the basics and you'll find your rhythm in time.

Robertinho

Ohh, tough luck guys. Good batting from Camps & Butler - great bowling from Hoy - the rest was a bit poor though. Dinu, just focus on what you're doing wrong and you'll come good.

cbuts

i wouldnt say it was good batting from myself, at this level ya get a start ya gotta go in with it. really all rund disapointment boys, think maybe we got to complacent after the test series. lets pick ourselves up with a win in the next tour match

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Any reason why Tait was in ahead of Bracks?

Not the best of matches really. No batsmen passed 50, though Marc, Buts and Liam`s efforts were helpful. Hoy the pick of the bowlers. Not a lot to worry about I don`t think, very capable XI. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hussey not playing is HUGE. Should give us a big shot at this. Gotta make the Vics cry. ;)