• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Australia Tour Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nnanden said:
:laugh: Way to pick that picture! I do have cricket ones on this site. :p
Spent half an hour sifting through the photo thread and got a fair few players covered for future use on the website. Most of the pictures are of you and Stephen though, which is a bit disturbing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Victoria OD XI

J Moss
M Klinger
LGL Buchanan
AC Blizzard
DJ Hussey
CL White (C)
AB McDonald
AJ Crosthwaite (wk)
GP Lindsay
SM Harwood
GJ Denton

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW XI to play Victoria

I Markus
LA Camps
BJ Goff (C)
RJ Dauth
MW DeSilva
SE Fuller
AP Chaulk (wk)
NR Hancock
NS Hoy
XPA Rose
NL Patrick

12th Man: CR Butler

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
kears_falcon_9 said:
Its not really his debut... cause this isnt a ODI. And he has played many domestic OD games before this one.

Representing his country, I meant.

Robertinho

I already have, Geg, against Tasmania :p

But yeah, it's still great to be picked. Good luck to Fullerinho and Hancockius Maximus, too.

This is a particularly strong CW XI lineup and a typically weak Victorian team - should win by 10 wickets or 300+ runs.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Strong looking team. Thanks for choosing me, hopefully I can reward the selectors. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Scorecard
Commentary

Cricket Web XI vs Victoria
OD Tour match - at Ballarat

Nick Hancock and Nathan Hoy batted extremely impressively, adding 37 off 35 balls to carry the Cricket Web XI to a tight 3-wicket win over Victoria. In another game where the Cricket Web batsmen struggled to find form, the allrounders served to prevent embarrassment with the crucial stand.

Hoy started the game superbly with the ball. His opening spell suffered a couple of dropped catches and claimed 2 wickets to leave the Victorians uncertain at 2/49 in the 13th over. The rebuilding effort then kicked into gear, and a determined 59 from Aiden Blizzard was complemented by the strokeplay of David Hussey, as he scored 90 not out.

Batting with supreme confidence, Hussey was chiefly responsible for the 40 runs Victoria scored in the final 4 overs - with 13 off Patrick's 50th. Throughout the innings the Cricket Web XI catching was appalling, as six chances went down.

A target of 247 was hardly substantial, but the Webheads batted in a manner that defeat seemed unnervingly likely when Dinu DeSilva was bowled trying to heave Harwood to the legside. Then at 7/210, some 37 runs were required off the final 39 balls.

Calmly as ever, Hancock took two boundaries of the first 3 balls of the following Moss over. The strokeplay eased the tension for the tourists and kicked off a very thoughtful partnership on the way to a hard-fought victory.

Victoria 6-246 (50 overs)
Cricket Web XI 7-247 (49.2 overs)

Cricket Web XI won by 3 wickets.
Man of the Match: NS Hoy