• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI in Sri Lanka Tour Thread

kears_falcon_9

Guess you just had a copy and paste error.. owell WOAH dave kennet in the form of his life.. 12 wickets to add to his 9 from the first test.. definatly man of the series.. great match webbers.

cbuts

great to get any 50 for the webbers after my failure in the first test - fantastic result guys

FaaipDeOiad

Awesome showing from Kennett there.What was it? 22 wickets in two tests? Brilliant.

And CW finally get a series in on the board as well. Hopefully the rise continues.

KennyD

Emphatic series win there. Two crushing innings victories, really showing the sort of ruthless play required to dominate the international scene. A stable platform laid by the batsman allowed for Dave Kennett in superlative form to rip through the Sri Lankans with penetrative fast bowling.

What a guy.

David

International 12th Man
Wow. :blink:

Great series win! Well done the batsmen for 2 marvellous first innings in both tests to allow the bowlers to put the pressure on!

Very pleased to have finally gotten a series win under our belts! Great stuff!

David

International 12th Man
Goes to show how well our dev league system is working, without it we'd still be struggling.

Robertinho

DAVID KENNETT!! Pains me to say this but
What a guy! I'd say he's the new spearhead! Wowzer :-O

Awesome series for the CW XI - Sri Lanka are all class and we beat them by an innings and something in both matches. Amazing. Well done to everyone, everyone chipped in there. :D :D :D

Code:
[size=4]"DK"
Overs		69
Maidens		8
Runs 		170
Wickets		21
Average		8.10
Economy		2.46
Strike Rate	19.71
[/size]

FaaipDeOiad

I'm curious about the conditions... how much impact do they actually have? On day 3 in this game (as far at it went), it was a fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks, and good bounce with the occasion one lifting. That sounds more like the MCG on day 3 than Kandy, which is usually slow and dusty with low bounce and a LOT of turn by day 3. Does the sim not give much control over what the conditions are like?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
roseboy64 said:
What the heck?

H. Mørk ct Atapattu b Dilshan 48 223 4 0

Anyway another dominating win. Great fun it was watching the demolition from the pavillion. Kennett definitely staking a claim for permanent selection. 12 wickets?Dang dog!!!
That's what I aim for every game. Splendid knock. :D

Magnificent series, Kennett. I think the CW bookie has some serious egg on his face.

Mister Wright

A big TAKE THAT to everyone who was critising the side. Great bowling from Kennett in his greatest performance to date IMO. Everyone contributed and made an impact in the match, a wonderful team performance. We certainly celebrated hard in a Flintoff like way.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
I'm curious about the conditions... how much impact do they actually have? On day 3 in this game (as far at it went), it was a fairly good batting pitch with a few cracks, and good bounce with the occasion one lifting. That sounds more like the MCG on day 3 than Kandy, which is usually slow and dusty with low bounce and a LOT of turn by day 3. Does the sim not give much control over what the conditions are like?
The sim has a great deal of condition impact.

FaaipDeOiad

marc71178 said:
The sim has a great deal of condition impact.
Right, but how much control can you exert over how they turn out? Is it actually possible to have a slow turner if you want for a match? Because those conditions don't seem particularly Sri Lanka-like.