• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in South Africa 2019/20

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
P'raps not the next allround talent then.

You'd think they'd want Pretorious in for this job. Even if he's not quite got to it yet as an ODI bowler, neither have the rest of these reserve bowlers
If they were playing for keeps I think they would've picked him. Team balance/quality has taken a distant third place in this series to having a look at some younger players and getting their transformation target numbers up in the format they care least about at the moment.

Howe_zat

If they were playing for keeps I think they would've picked him. Team balance/quality has taken a distant third place in this series to having a look at some younger players and getting their transformation target numbers up in the format they care least about at the moment.
I get it's a mostly developmental XI, what I mean is that since Pretorious is still something of a developing player in ODIs (or at least yet to be properly established) I think this series could've given him a chance to gather an allround role.

~

Jordan has been poor today. Miller a bit of a class above, good innings

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Not sure what it says to Saqib Mahmood to bowl a guy who's getting smashed over and over and leave him with a ton of overs to spare.

In the side to bowl, isn't he?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not seen too much of Ngidi before, but that last over was really buffet stuff and YJB heartily tucked in. 21 off it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. That wasn't too far short of a decent length and Bairstow effortlessly pulls it off the back foot for a flat six.

Howe_zat

Well that makes it dodgy.

So far this is rather like the first game, hot start followed by both gone in a couple of overs. Then the stand that should have got the bulk of the runs (Root/Morgan) had a running failure and we never had a substantial knock. Needs responsibility from those two now.

wpdavid

Well that makes it dodgy.

So far this is rather like the first game, hot start followed by both gone in a couple of overs. Then the stand that should have got the bulk of the runs (Root/Morgan) had a running failure and we never had a substantial knock. Needs responsibility from those two now.
Or, alternatively gift a c&b to bring the opposition right back into the game. How to make a mess of a pretty simple run chase.

artvandalay

Yea he has lost weight but don't know if that has come at a cost. Down on pace, no zip to his bowling and there's no intensity when he's approaching the crease.

Howe_zat

It'd be churlish to suggest the game is close to over with three figures still to get, but when you get a 10-ball over it does suggest the wheels are coming off a bit