• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 38 - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierry henry

Taylor is such a Pakistan. Rubbish one ball, brilliant the next.

Well okay, cricinfo is saying they were dodgy shots, but you know it's true!
I dunno, when someone plays a full-blooded cut and it goes straight to 3rd man I always feel like it's kinda unlucky for some reason

vcs

Murali is a magician.

Though I thought Taylor was a bit unlucky to be given LBW.. don't think they should be given when half the ball is pitching outside leg stump.

Blaze 18

Banned
Sri Lanka were awesome with the ball. We've seen other players having issues with dew in this World Cup; not Muralitharan and co. though. Dew or no dew, Muralitharan showed that if you are good enough you'll get wickets. Top class stuff from the champion, and he wasn't even fully fit!

vcs

Murali WAG. Genius. Brilliant ball, and great stumping by Sanga to get rid of Williamson. :(

wellAlbidarned

So, NZ collapses into a heap against spin yet again. Our subcontinent demons are still well and truly with us. Well played to Sri Lanka ofc, recovered well from initial setbacks to post something competitive, and ruthlessly (couldn't actually watch the rest of the game, but it seems like it) expose all our old weaknesses. Not really "exposing", though, everyone knew them anyway.

Prad100w

Poor stuff from the NZ batters. With all those dew and big hitters lower down the order, should have kept wickets in hand. Great bowling from the SL'kan spinners.