• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

While we won this match, I think we need to check a few things. The period when India lost Kohli, Gambhir and Dhoni was a bit of a mini-choke. We can do with a little more self belief. I think the collapses in the earlier matches were playing on their minds. This is where Raina's nervelessness helped (you heard it from me about Raina's lack of nerves and finishing ability before this match :cool:)

Tendulkar's role a little underrated too. When Raina walked in, if the RRR was 7.5 instead of just about 6, game could have been different. He gave a solid platform again and thanks to Raina we did not waste it.
Dhoni needs to breathe easy. He is known to do what Yuvraj and Raina did yesterday. If he plays with little more confidence, we will be a damn strong batting unit.

I am a little inclined to consider including Pathan for Kohli. I understand Kohli's value in face of a crisis but Yuvraj and Dhoni will be ideal at 4 and 5. Tricky one this but can be tried.

Xuhaib

Pakistani members are not heavy posters reckon this will be the biggest single same thread unless Eng meets India.

honestbharani

i think he is referring to Dhoni_fan's comments regarding this worthy of being the final since 2 best teams in the tournament were playing this
Interesting definition he has of "some" then... And to be completely honest, when you come out and make posts as "I hope we wallop India" or things to that effect, no matter how well intentioned you are, it doesn't help the forum environment issues either.. I mean, one thing to say "I hope my team wins" but this is different. To see the same thing repeated thrice, is almost as bad as whatever D_F is saying, tbh...

vcs

Pakistani members are not heavy posters reckon this will be the biggest single same thread unless Eng meets India.
Yeah, agree. Besides, people will be too busy crapping themselves while watching the match to come and post on here. :ph34r:

ankitj

Yeah, agree. Besides, people will be too busy crapping themselves while watching the match to come and post on here. :ph34r:
Seriously. I couldn't gather courage to open CW during India's mini-choke against Australia. For semi, unless India are really hammering Pakistan, I am not coming on this forum.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Interesting definition he has of "some" then... And to be completely honest, when you come out and make posts as "I hope we wallop India" or things to that effect, no matter how well intentioned you are, it doesn't help the forum environment issues either.. I mean, one thing to say "I hope my team wins" but this is different. To see the same thing repeated thrice, is almost as bad as whatever D_F is saying, tbh...
When did I make comments like "I hope we wallop India" or things to that effect? I think the only thing that I wrote was that I really hoped Pakistan would win and that if we won because of Khatmal it would be the ultimate insult to India. I was making fun of Khatmal in case you didn't get that dude. I also wrote that I get the feeling that this time around it will be Pakistan that will win the semi-final not failing to mention that we have NEVER beaten India in a WC match.

I hope you can clarify what is irking you? If it is just the fact that I am supporting Pakistan then sorry dude I can't help support my team.

flibbertyjibber

Was last night Raina's most important innings of his career?
Possibly.

One swallow making a summer and all that though. He has been stop start in his career so far and needs to kick on from this. The talent is there but a bit like Yuvraj you wonder if the desire is at times.