• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

Possibly.

One swallow making a summer and all that though. He has been stop start in his career so far and needs to kick on from this. The talent is there but a bit like Yuvraj you wonder if the desire is at times.
He has been quite consistent in subcontinent actually. He might continue to be embarrassing in bouncier and seaming conditions, but even then he should be persisted with in subcontinent in LO formats.

honestbharani

Seriously. I couldn't gather courage to open CW during India's mini-choke against Australia. For semi, unless India are really hammering Pakistan, I am not coming on this forum.
Same here.. Had the laptop and CW open but juz closed it out when Dhoni got out.. Yeah I am a nervous superstitiious ****.. :(

honestbharani

When did I make comments like "I hope we wallop India" or things to that effect? I think the only thing that I wrote was that I really hoped Pakistan would win and that if we won because of Khatmal it would be the ultimate insult to India. I was making fun of Khatmal in case you didn't get that dude. I also wrote that I get the feeling that this time around it will be Pakistan that will win the semi-final not failing to mention that we have NEVER beaten India in a WC match.

I hope you can clarify what is irking you? If it is just the fact that I am supporting Pakistan then sorry dude I can't help support my team.
mate.. I was talking about Agent there.. not you :)

He was the one who said "some".. For some reason, you decided to point out he was referring to D_F alone (which was my guess too).. And I am just pointing out his posts weren't a lot better either and that one poster does not = some posters.. Chill :)

smalishah84

The Tiger King
mate.. I was talking about Agent there.. not you :)

He was the one who said "some".. For some reason, you decided to point out he was referring to D_F alone (which was my guess too).. And I am just pointing out his posts weren't a lot better either and that one poster does not = some posters.. Chill :)
Well you were quoting me and then using "you" in your post so it seemed it was me that you were referring to. Your post wasn't exactly clear.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Possibly.

One swallow making a summer and all that though. He has been stop start in his career so far and needs to kick on from this. The talent is there but a bit like Yuvraj you wonder if the desire is at times.
With all due respect, I think your comparison of Raina and Yuvraj are way off. Raina is the ultimate team man.

I think Raina is a lot less talented, but gives his all on the field every time. His desire to perform for India cannot be doubted. Look at him in the field. He is always the first player to tap a fielder or bowler when they do well, put his body on the line and is constantly enthusiastic no matter the situation.

I think Raina's "talent" (for lack of a better word) is overrated. He is far less talented than Yuvraj. But he absolutely bleeds India, and will try and work at his weaknesses. If he never overcomes the short ball weakness he has in his career, it won't be due to a lack of trying. It'll be due to not being good enough.

Yuvraj has weaknesses, but you get the feeling he never really tried to overcome them. His tour to Australia in 07/08 the best example of a guy who just didn't look like he was giving his all.

honestbharani

With all due respect, I think your comparison of Raina and Yuvraj are way off. Raina is the ultimate team man.

I think Raina is a lot less talented, but gives his all on the field every time. His desire to perform for India cannot be doubted. Look at him in the field. He is always the first player to tap a fielder or bowler when they do well, put his body on the line and is constantly enthusiastic no matter the situation.

I think Raina's "talent" (for lack of a better word) is overrated. He is far less talented than Yuvraj. But he absolutely bleeds India, and will try and work at his weaknesses. If he never overcomes the short ball weakness he has in his career, it won't be due to a lack of trying. It'll be due to not being good enough.

Yuvraj has weaknesses, but you get the feeling he never really tried to overcome them. His tour to Australia in 07/08 the best example of a guy who just didn't look like he was giving his all.
AWTA.. Every word.. Raina and Dinesh Karthik, if they only had more talent, would have been world beaters by now.. They juz try so hard..

vcs

Seriously. I couldn't gather courage to open CW during India's mini-choke against Australia. For semi, unless India are really hammering Pakistan, I am not coming on this forum.
I saw people were already getting the knives out for Dhoni and his ODI record around that time. 8-)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I saw people were already getting the knives out for Dhoni and his ODI record around that time. 8-)
Haha I found that utterly hilarious. Didn't see it at the time as I was posting from my phone, but when I looked over the thread after the match the reaction here when Dhoni got out was ludicrous. The guy averages over 50+ FFS. He hasn't done that against Canada and Kenya :dry:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I have not seen any other Indian captain, perhaps any other captain, leading their team to safety from tough situations than I have seen Dhoni. So have confidence in him Ankit.

R_D

AWTA... Raina is trier .. give's it his all.