• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan oil tanker inferno kills at least 140

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's a Darwin award there for whichever genius decided whilst gathering fuel from a truck pissing petrol all over the road that this would be the perfect time to light a cigarette.

fredfertang

I appreciate that not all oil derivatives are readily combustible but lighting a cigarette in that situation is still the dumbest thing I've heard of - far too many reminders recently of how fragile life is

honestbharani

I dont know which is sadder.. That so many people gathered to pick up fuel that was spilling or that someone lit a cigarette while doing that. If they were not desperate to collect fuel this many lives would not have been lost but if the dumb person who decided he needed a smoke immediately could have put it off, this could have been avoided as well. :(

vcs

Imagine if the guy who lit the cigarette actually survived. I'm not sure he'd ever live down the guilt.

Terrible news. :(

Daemon

Just seen the video of the aftermath and the victims bodies. Fmd all that's left for some are their skeletons. I really hope it was quick and painless, horrible stuff.

Zinzan

Ouch, sad indeed. Not like that part of the world doesn't have enough tragedies as is it. without an industrial disaster.