• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Personal Finance Thread

Daemon

Yes this is a brag but it really turned out great lol

Kinda ridiculous how the markets kept rallying in the face of increasing death, political turmoil and the riots. We're pretty much back to pre-COVID levels for the S&P 500 and some other equities are hitting ATHs.

Probably time to take profits and rebalance idk.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yes this is a brag but it really turned out great lol

Kinda ridiculous how the markets kept rallying in the face of increasing death, political turmoil and the riots. We're pretty much back to pre-COVID levels for the S&P 500 and some other equities are hitting ATHs.

Probably time to take profits and rebalance idk.
stonks love death, etc

Lillian Thomson

I've always had the same simple policy of drawing a sensible balance between spending now and saving for a future I might not live to see, based on my income at any given time. No investments. I wouldn't earn the nickname Risktaker1, but it's stress free.

Daemon

Hah there was a piece in the paper today about the r/wallstreetbets hardos, in particular about how they've pumped Hertz after they filed for Ch.11. And now Hertz has obtained approval to sell a billion USD worth of shares in a private placement. Handy.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hah there was a piece in the paper today about the r/wallstreetbets hardos, in particular about how they've pumped Hertz after they filed for Ch.11. And now Hertz has obtained approval to sell a billion USD worth of shares in a private placement. Handy.
neptune to comment etc

GotSpin

There’s an Australian version too

Smudge

Just about to pour $35k or so into kitchen renovations at my rental property. Interesting time to do it, but Dunedin property should hold up OK.

Smudge

Have you had many issues with tenants?
No, I struck it lucky. I've had the same tenants (a retired couple) in there since I started letting the place 3.5 years ago. They're arranging to head away for a few weeks while the kitchen is done - I've offered them a rent-free period during that time, so that should keep everyone happy.