• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poker

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anyone on PS now? Against my better judgement have just deposited some of my hard earned sterling in there to lose.

Current exchange rate rocks tho! :thumbsup:

Jamee999

2 Hours In

19877 chips.

Stack: largest 98081, smallest 325, average 15574
Your current position is 43 out of 175

Jamee999

3 Hours In

49717 chips

Stack: largest 160977, smallest 2778, average 51424
Your current position is 24 out of 53

Jamee999

Robbed.

A8 vs QQ [me]. All in after the flop of 8-2-J

Turn 8
River J

And I'm out in 38th.

PokerStars Game #11382614300: Tournament #56995136, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (1500/3000) - 2007/08/08 - 18:36:54 (ET)
Table '56995136 202' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Spudder 4 (73990 in chips)
Seat 3: 2outermeTY (24590 in chips)
Seat 4: bunter74 (104724 in chips)
Seat 5: h0lm (183895 in chips)
Seat 6: barmyarmy6 (67582 in chips)
Seat 7: LJEFF (53105 in chips)
Seat 8: Luckyleo (64164 in chips)
Seat 9: Jamee999 (38367 in chips)
Spudder 4: posts the ante 150
2outermeTY: posts the ante 150
bunter74: posts the ante 150
h0lm: posts the ante 150
barmyarmy6: posts the ante 150
LJEFF: posts the ante 150
Luckyleo: posts the ante 150
Jamee999: posts the ante 150
Luckyleo: posts small blind 1500
Jamee999: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Jamee999 [Qd Qc]
Spudder 4: folds
2outermeTY: folds
bunter74: calls 3000
h0lm: folds
barmyarmy6: folds
LJEFF: folds
Luckyleo: calls 1500
Jamee999: checks
*** FLOP *** [8d Jc 2c]
Luckyleo: checks
h0lm said, "anyone know any decent bands?"
bunter74: bets 36000
Spudder 4 said, "the bravery"
Luckyleo: folds
Jamee999: calls 35217 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [8d Jc 2c] [8c]
*** RIVER *** [8d Jc 2c 8c] [Jh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Jamee999: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
bunter74: shows [8s As] (a full house, Eights full of Jacks)
h0lm said, "who they like?"
barmyarmy6 said, "boyzone"
bunter74 collected 80634 from pot
2outermeTY said, "omfg"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 80634 | Rake 0
Board [8d Jc 2c 8c Jh]
Seat 1: Spudder 4 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: 2outermeTY folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: bunter74 showed [8s As] and won (80634) with a full house, Eights full of Jacks
Seat 5: h0lm folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: barmyarmy6 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: LJEFF (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Luckyleo (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: Jamee999 (big blind) showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and Jacks

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Was calling a 36k bet a good idea pre-flop? Or did you not read my post about how anything less than AA is the biggest loser $$ wise :p?

Obviously, he got lucky but when someone bets 12x BB pre-flop and they have more than 10x BB, you pretty much have to put them on AA, AK, or KK. You have to think that you are probably 50-50 at best in that situation. Granted, he had a lot of chips and he could have been just pushing you around, but 10x BB would be a stupid bet to just steal the smallish pot (and it was a stupid bet on his part), but you weren't quite desparate.

A couple rounds later, you might have had to call, but generally, you want to be the one that goes all in on low stack, to try to dictate the pot. Considering the pot situation, its not a horrible decision to call, but its not a great one either. In the end, you can't say you were robbed based on that call with QQ, even if he got lucky.

It is generally a good idea to be suspicious of anything more than about a 4x BB bet pre-flop. He could be trying to steal the blinds, but it may not be worthwhile to take that on from a lowish stack.

Scaly piscine

Was calling a 36k bet a good idea pre-flop? Or did you not read my post about how anything less than AA is the biggest loser $$ wise :p?

Obviously, he got lucky but when someone bets 12x BB pre-flop and they have more than 10x BB, you pretty much have to put them on AA, AK, or KK. You have to think that you are probably 50-50 at best in that situation. Granted, he had a lot of chips and he could have been just pushing you around, but 10x BB would be a stupid bet to just steal the smallish pot (and it was a stupid bet on his part), but you weren't quite desparate.

A couple rounds later, you might have had to call, but generally, you want to be the one that goes all in on low stack, to try to dictate the pot. Considering the pot situation, its not a horrible decision to call, but its not a great one either. In the end, you can't say you were robbed based on that call with QQ, even if he got lucky.

It is generally a good idea to be suspicious of anything more than about a 4x BB bet pre-flop. He could be trying to steal the blinds, but it may not be worthwhile to take that on from a lowish stack.

He's playing donkeys online not deep blue. Also the big bets were after the flop.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also the big bets were after the flop.
Oh, well than Jamee definitely made a bad decision, and its not marginal. You have an over pair, that's great...but with that bet you either have to put him on a massive pair, a two pair, or trips. You simply cannot call that bet post-flop, not in your situation.

I apologize earlier, didn't read the hand history carefully enough. :p

Bobisback

Calling on the flop wasnt the problem

That was the problem. Even from BB, you still have to raise those. Sure, A8 probably would have folded, but would he have pushed you in with onlt middle pair?

cover drive man

Won my two brothers last night. I thought I could bluff andmark and went all in. But he went all in as well. Luckily I got my third queen and I won :clap: