• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prison Break

Agent TBY

Keyed it in the Forum Search box and didn't find much. Any fans of this fantastic show here? Great concept, wonderful story-telling (especially the pacing, it's great!), and a good soundtrack to boot.

We could use this thread to discuss recent episodes without spoiling the ones in the other TV threads, people who might want to watch it down the road.

Scaly piscine

I thought the first series was a bit contrived in the way that it strung the actual 'escape' part over twenty-odd 50 minute episodes. It's good but it hasn't really grabbed me, I sort of intend to watch it and then forget about it and end up not too bothered about missing it in the end.

pasag

RTDAS
First half of the first season was excellent but it fell apart soon after, imo. Have only seen the first few eps of the second and I didn't think they were anything special. Might wait till the end of the season and watch the whole thing back to back. Don't have high hopes for it though.

Agent TBY

Agreed on the first season, for a while I thought they'd never break out, that they'd just stretch it for like 3 or 4 seasons or something.

Season 2 has had some pretty big twists so far, though. The series is picking up pace.

EDIT: Gelman, mind telling us where exactly you thought it went down the drain?

pasag

RTDAS
Sure, I thought 1-13 were excellent, the peak being the riot episodes which are up there with the best ever, imo, of the TV action genre, however from memory after a long break in America the show returned and it seemed that the new episodes were just there as filler with no real direction.

Craig

World Traveller
Personally OZ is at least several times the prison show that Prison Break will ever be. Certainly wasn't for the faint hearted.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Between this, Heroes (<3), That 70s Show reruns, Sealab 2021 reruns, Birdman: Attorney at Law, Justice League and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, it's a wonder I ever have time for a life.

simmy

Awesome programme.. which has recently started getting VERY good again.

Oz really was one of my fav progs... but an entirely different type of programme to prison break, IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Finally got to watch the first ep. of the 2nd season. I resisted downloading the 2nd season for ages, and wait till it came on TV here in Australia, and then I missed the first ep's airing, so had to download it anyway. :confused:

Spoiler below for anyone that didn't see it:

Shattered they killed off Robin Tunney's character Veronica. :(

luffy

I started watching it late in the first series, so i am not completely up to date with what has been happening, but the 1st episoide of the current series was awesome.

irfan

Absolutely love Prison Break and am addicted to the show and can watch certain episodes over again.
Original plot, storyline and episodes but admittedly the 2nd half of 1st season was a bit of a let down. The casting is superb as Wentworth Miller (Schofield), Robert Knepper (T-Bag) and William Fichtner (Mahone) are dynamite. One of the best part of PB is that it always ends in a cliffhanger and its hard to predict unlike other shows.
T-Bag has gotta be the best villain ever and I will be dissapointed if Knepper doesn't get appreciated for his role.
I am d/l episodes and am up to Ep 15 in season 2. Because a few of you follow it on TV where we have just started 2nd season I am not going to post spoilers but I like this season a lot more than 1st season.

Agent TBY

Can Kim get any more despicable? Hating the company right now.

Wonder what Schofield and Burrows will come up with now. Can't wait to see Mahone's character conclusion as well. Sarah looks to be leading him straight to the brothers.

Swervy

got hooked on the first series, but was a bit hacked off with the ending of that.

This second series I think is even better (about 8 episodes in here in the UK)...best series of its type I have seen in a long time