• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Smudge

So we marched day and night, by the WACA lighting tower, PEWS had the hammer, but we have the power.

Gnske

This would all be fine if you had no consideration for anyone else ... do you behave like this in person? Defend someone, fine. State your opinion. You behave like that then don't be surprised if someone tells you you're going ott. At some point either fatigue or reflection will tell you that you haven't anything more to say.
Bootlicker

Gnske

I change my mind, I realise I never liked Shri anyway. He was a jerk and if you want him back you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

PEWS, make his ban 10 years and make us pay for it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I change my mind, I realise I never liked Shri anyway. He was a jerk and if you want him back you need to take a long hard look at yourself.

PEWS, make his ban 10 years and make us pay for it.
I'm onto you. You're just laying the foundations for the #banshri campaign after he's finally back.

honestbharani

They are already open to revisiting Shri's ban, so it's already inconsistent, and the 'standard' as Athlai points out is entirely arbitrary and built in order to serve the community. There should always be room for discussion and revision when the community deems it appropriate.

I agree with the mod team's action so far. What I am proposing is that when a particularly toxic forumer comes around, we should consider retracting/revising infractions and bans handed out to people who have abused/gotten into flame wars with said forumer. I think most of us will be happy if this was something brought in, even if the application of this principle is not perfect. But I understand the mod team's hesitation.

Well, consistency is not always the same as being fair, is it? I don't think the rules are fair and they don't need to be in an internet forum which has been around as long as this one, which is why we have completely arbitrary and subjective considerations like "forum atmosphere" even in the written(typed?) rules. And I do not see it as an inconsistency when the mods think the infraction system needs to be overriden, I believe that has always been a provision? So, I still see what they are doing as consistent with what they have done in the past, at least to my knowledge and in terms of how they seem to want CW to function, as a forum.

zorax

likes this
so you agree that if a toxic forumer gets perma'd, all infractions/bans issued due to abusing him should be reconsidered?

Flem274*

123/5
There's a discussion going with on with people weighing in as they get a chance to do so. We don't live here and have lives outside this place. Add to that the discussion ends up being more about the insane reaction from you lot rather than Shri. So there will be communication when there is something to communicate. Until then take your own advice and pull your ****ing head in.
Post reported for abusing my multi

honestbharani

so you agree that if a toxic forumer gets perma'd, all infractions/bans issued due to abusing him should be reconsidered?

It is really case by case though, you can't make it a sweeping generalization, can you? And I think that aspect is already addressed through the forum atmosphere rule and the fact that while the infraction system is set up a certain way, mods can override it in exceptional cases, like Shri's currently.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The fact that sledger, myself, and you amongst others are still posting is surely evidence that they exercise discretion.
Nah it's evidence that I'm a ****ing great poster

edit: this thread is pretty terrible btw

Last edited:

jimmy101

Since this thread has done a complete 180 I wonder if Gnske will eventually start accusing PEWS of being a commie?