• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reported mass shooting/ critical incident in Christchurch

Burgey

I'm sort of loathe to type any more cos some of these early reports end up (thankfully) not turning out to be true.

Burgey

Bangladesh cricket team were at the mosque and apparently got away. They're saying on the TV stream I'm watching that it appears (though early) to be a targeted attack on more than one mosque and the gunman/ gunmen have not yet been captured. The kids' climate change rally was going on on the other side of Hagley Park apparently.

Man, our Kiwi brethren. I'm so, so sorry :(

Grasshopper

Unconfirmed reports coming in of multiple fatalities (possibly 6) and people wounded. Sounds like more than one shooter, and they're still at large.

Another shooting at Chch hospital... :(

Burgey

And cops have confirmed there's a bomb in a car in Strickland Street as well. I can't believe this.

From the Grauen:

There is a bomb on Strickland Street in Christchurch, two police officers have confirmed to our reporter on the ground.
The bomb is located inside a beige Subaru that has crashed on Strickland Street.
“You’re not safe here, there’s a bomb in that car,” a senior police officer told our reporter Eleanor Ainge Roy. She and the police have moved back several hundred metres, to stay at a safe difference.

hendrix

I know many people that go to that mosque, most of them are refugees having fled from Afghanistan and Somalia roughly a decade ago. I also know many people working in Christchurch Hospital right now.

I feel helpless

Spikey

I also just stumbled onto it. Be careful going through Christchurch results on Twitter etc