• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reported mass shooting/ critical incident in Christchurch

Smudge

i will make a slight addendum and say semi-auto rifles can be quite handy for nailing large numbers of invasive bird species before they can fly away, but aderns wording appears to focus on fully automatic and military semi autos (especially ones easily modified to be auto), so she's left a bit of room on the semi auto front. i'vr heard DOC have some semi autos in their "kill stuff" tool kit but someone more knowledgeable than i could confirm or deny that.

even if it's all semi-autos, their users need to take one for the team imo. pest control definitely doesn't require them.
Certified pest controllers get dispensation. That will include DOC.

Flem274*

123/5
loud minority from what i've observed anecdotally. every time someone posts some call to arms or petition in a farming facebook group they're getting told they're a **** pest controller or hunter if they absolutely need an automatic.

i'd be willing to guess 98% of the country is in favour.

Top_Cat

Are the exemptions via prescribed brands/models or more like proscribed types? This is probably one area where NZ could do better than the Aussies.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
loud minority from what i've observed anecdotally. every time someone posts some call to arms or petition in a farming facebook group they're getting told they're a **** pest controller or hunter if they absolutely need an automatic.

i'd be willing to guess 98% of the country is in favour.
There was someone up in arms because Olympic sports hunters will need them

Like, what a huge demographic that is.

Flem274*

123/5
check out this disgusting erdogan apologism

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12215340

i actually support morrison in this. erdogan wants to talk ****, he learns nz doesn't need turkey at all. also the anatolian peninsula is historically piggy in the middle and needs friends.

in a just world erdogan should be on his knees before adern begging for forgiveness. well actually he'd be swinging on a noose for his crimes against his nation.

Spark

Global Moderator
Morrison might not have been wise, politically speaking, to publically excoriate Erdogan, but morally it's certainly a very reasonable thing to do.