• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reported mass shooting/ critical incident in Christchurch

Bahnz

Certainly a planned terrorist attack. I don't know that there's more than one guy involved though.
Police have one person in custody, but are unsure if there are other participants. Multiple reports of multiple (at least 2) shooters though, so seems likely.

Spark

Global Moderator
Police have one person in custody, but are unsure if there are other participants. Multiple reports of multiple (at least 2) shooters though, so seems likely.
There are pretty much always reports of multiple shooters in these situations regardless of whether there are or not, but yeah the (unconfirmed) reports of a second mosque being attacked is pretty indicative.

Ausage

Apparently this guy was Australian :(

It's not the right time to share my thoughts on what people should take from this, but I certainly have them.
Same.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for that later.

Burgey

Multiple sites, leaving a car bomb in the city, mad manifesto - a lot of seeming similarities to Brevik. Unless, of course, he wasn't alone.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Multiple sites, leaving a car bomb in the city, mad manifesto - a lot of seeming similarities to Brevik. Unless, of course, he wasn't alone.
Reminds me of Brevik in how sickeningly thorough the actions all were.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bahnz

Reports of a shooter spotted in Papanui.

He was being arrested apparently. Please let that be the end of this.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

As an aside, it's in moments like this that I'm glad I have basically zero social media presence. Randomly stumbling onto traumatizing footage isn't something I'd want to start my day with.

Spark

Global Moderator
As an aside, it's in moments like this that I'm glad I have basically zero social media presence. Randomly stumbling onto traumatizing footage isn't something I'd want to start my day with.
I seem to have done a good job curating my feed because I haven't seen any of it, although I have (comfortingly) seen a lot of people urging people to avoid like the plague.