• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

Niall

going to assume that story is not as silly as noted balanced journo aaron rupar is spinning.

https://twitter.com/coryascott/status/1217972588657270784

Rogan saying he has turned down pretty much everyone for his podcast,,,he had Tulsi, Yang and Bernie on who he likes. I actually think Bernie could do worse with his time then go back on...Rogan likes him and last podcast did immense numbers.

Imagine Joe Biden chatting to Joe for 3 hours....:mellow:

Niall

The Warren Sanders feud and Biden slow implosion has really helped Mayor Pete a whole lot.
what am I missing here?

His campaign looks done right now,,,heck in betting odds he is 5th fav to win the nomination,,getting close to yang gang territory.

weldone

what am I missing here?

His campaign looks done right now,,,heck in betting odds he is 5th fav to win the nomination,,getting close to yang gang territory.
Haha ya it didn't help Pete - it helped Sanders as I expected.

Bloomberg, on the other hand, still has a path. If Biden tanks in the early primaries, establishment may flock towards Bloomberg on Super Tuesday. Bloomberg, being a finance man, knows that strategy and putting all money in Super Tuesday states.

Last edited:

weldone

Finance genius who's spent $100 million for 5% of the vote.
Genius he is not by any stretch. But, $100mn isn't much for him either - it's like buying an out-of-the-money option with a tiny fraction of your money - great if it pays off, never mind if it doesn't. He became New York mayor with a similar strategy (that was also like buying an out-of-the-money option - had almost no chance of winning). He ran a campaign right-wing style on security issues etc. and then boom, 9/11..That's what happens with deep out-of-the-money options. You can only win if something out of the ordinary happens.

I am really interested to see if he will really spend money for campaign if someone else gets the Dem nomination, as he promised. That will be really interesting specially if Bernie wants. Good if Bloomberg keeps his promise.

Last edited:

RossTaylorsBox

Nah, even if you think that Joe Biden knows more about foreign policy (because uh, reasons), there's literally nothing to suggest he commands any kind of fluency on any subject.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yes there is definitely no reason to think the Vice President of the United States would not have been kept informed about things happening around the world. Nailed it.