• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Sanders has made the news more here recently as "this guy is now Democratic favourite, and it's bad news because he's against the status quo"

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sanders has made the news more here recently as "this guy is now Democratic favourite, and it's bad news because he's against the status quo"
Yeah same in Australia. If it makes you feel any better that's how they reported it when Trump was favourite for the GOP nomination too.

Think what you want about Trump and I'm not a fan either, but "he wants to maybe change some things and change is bad" should not be anywhere near the top list of gripes. It's almost like there are some major players in the corporate pressmedia that have really vested interests in no-one looking too far under the hood.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Foreign democratic countries finding a populist isolationist (America First) candidate as concerning as Sanders is a bit weird TBF.

We all know why it’s happening but it’s pretty brazen.

Gnske

That debate was all Yin and no Yang. disgusting.

Just think, getting Bernie and Warren up there required a team of at least 30 aged-care nurses.

Gnske

But anyways, I think Bernie is going to go full MGTOW if yet another democratic female candidate kills his campaign with a glorious hatchet job.

weldone

What Sanders is supposed to have said is completely implausible and... not even that bad?
The scrutiny on guys like Bernie and Corbyn is tremendous, for understandable reasons. A lot of their popular appeal is based on their decades of personal history, integrity, and consistent moral standards. They can't get away with even 1% of what guys like Trump or Boris can get away with.

I know it's an unfair comparison - but it's like suddenly knowing Mahatma Gandhi made a slightly inappropriate comment. That will go a long way to destroy his reputation and legacy compared to, say, someone like Churchill.

D/L

The scrutiny on guys like Bernie and Corbyn is tremendous, for understandable reasons. A lot of their popular appeal is based on their decades of personal history, integrity, and consistent moral standards. ...
Really? I don't know a lot about Sanders but claiming integrity for Corbyn is a bit of a stretch.

I can't comment upon the claim regarding Corbyn's "consistent moral standards" without knowing whether it was meant as a compliment, or not.

vcs

The scrutiny on guys like Bernie and Corbyn is tremendous, for understandable reasons. A lot of their popular appeal is based on their decades of personal history, integrity, and consistent moral standards. They can't get away with even 1% of what guys like Trump or Boris can get away with.

I know it's an unfair comparison - but it's like suddenly knowing Mahatma Gandhi made a slightly inappropriate comment. That will go a long way to destroy his reputation and legacy compared to, say, someone like Churchill.
A **** stain on a white bed sheet is worthy of comment, the same on a piece of toilet paper isn't.