• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

cpr

Meh, cannot be arsed walking the 200 yards to the voting booth. No doubt I'll want alcohol later so I'll do it then.

Its Salford though, can already call the result...

StephenZA

I wonder if the poor performance of Labour over the last couple of years (and probably in the immediate future) might bring the Lib Dems back earlier than expected after the coalition disaster that decimated them?

fredfertang

I wonder if the poor performance of Labour over the last couple of years (and probably in the immediate future) might bring the Lib Dems back earlier than expected after the coalition disaster that decimated them?
Can't see it - their best hope is that Labour flourishes making the Blairites give up their plots and jump ship - struggling to see that happening though

cpr

Judging by last nights election results, the Lib Dems are going nowhere. Used to have 4 or 5 seats on the Salford council, yesterday they failed to put up a single candidate in all 20 seats up for vote. In Trafford they ran 5th in most seats bar Timperley

cpr

Figured out last night in the last 3 local elections, I've been under 3 different councils, and voted for 3 different parties (4 if you include my 2nd choice for Salford Mayor). I'm the personification of the floating voter.

Uppercut

My sources tell me that Scotland is increasingly paying no attention at all to UK-level politics, and Ruth Davidson is about as popular as it's currently possible for a Scottish Conservative to be.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Tories are more popular up here than is commonly perceived. FPTP skews his perception massively, the core Tory vote has always consistently been around 20%.

Pothas

Worst possible result in England for Labour, the results are bad but not anything like bad enough to get rid of Corbyn.

grecian

Worst possible result in England for Labour, the results are bad but not anything like bad enough to get rid of Corbyn.
I'm just going to start calling you Dan Hodges, from now on.

Great result for Sadiq Khan, and really needed if this type of campaigning had worked in Britain, we'd have been in the madhouse.

The Tories were negative in campaigning in the last GE, but at least they weren't openly racist.

Good stuff from Exeter, except, ick students, they'll probably all be teaching in Public schools and voting Tory in 10 years time.

Pothas

Would rather be Dan Hodges than Owen Jones (although he actually made some decent points today.)

grecian

Would rather be Dan Hodges than Owen Jones (although he actually made some decent points today.)
Well, I think we couldn't differ more then.

Actually, we live in the World of conspiracy theories. Does anyone feel some people in the Tory Party were out to nobble Zac Goldsmith?

I mean before this campaign he was generally seen as a moderate, and very environment-friendly candidate. A genuine change in policy and outlook if he'd ever become Prime-minister, yet now he's tainted ridiculously, with nowhere to go, politics-wise.

Last edited: