• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Game of Thrones Spoilers Thread (Book and TV show spoilers/comparisons)

ripper868

Yeah we made a decision on this once before.

It sounds silly but the discussion about Jeyne and Sansa should be made in a third thread free-for-all if anything. Feel free to create that thread if you like.
Never miss the opportunity to make a new thread.

Post all the spoilers and book vs tv comparisons you like. Future characters, past characters, characters not in the books but included in tv and vice versa, missing arcs, new arcs, Noah's ark.

Compare and comment all ye like, this will by my last post here.

If anyone has a catchier thread title, throw it at us.

G.I.Joe

Okay, I haven't read the books, but apparently Robb made a royal decree de-bastardising Jon Snow and naming him his heir before he died. I don't remember if that happened in the show. Does this mean that Jon is now legally the Lord of Winterfell in the book world? #suckitsansa

Howe_zat

Okay, I haven't read the books, but apparently Robb made a royal decree de-bastardising Jon Snow and naming him his heir before he died. I don't remember if that happened in the show. Does this mean that Jon is now legally the Lord of Winterfell in the book world? #suckitsansa
I think 'legally' is kind of besides the point, Stannis would have made Jon the lord of Winterfell while Robb would have made him King, and both would have been called bullshit by the people they're fighting.

You can do what you like so long as you have the armed support to back it up,

G.I.Joe

I think 'legally' is kind of besides the point, Stannis would have made Jon the lord of Winterfell while Robb would have made him King, and both would have been called bullshit by the people they're fighting.

You can do what you like so long as you have the armed support to back it up,
Question 2: Is TV Sansa now a Stark or a Lannister or a Bolton?

Howe_zat

Question 2: Is TV Sansa now a Stark or a Lannister or a Bolton?
Bolton by my count. Her marriage to Tyrion was annulled due to it never having been consummated (this is mentioned by Baelish to Roose in season 5) but I can't think of a 'legal' reason why she wouldn't be a Bolton. You can't marry into a royal name, which is why Cersei remains a Lannister, but you do marry into any other noble name, which is why Catelyn is called Stark and not Tully.

Again, though, if she's calling herself Stark then you can either do so or take an army to debate with you.

G.I.Joe

Bolton by my count. Her marriage to Tyrion was annulled due to it never having been consummated (this is mentioned by Baelish to Roose in season 5) but I can't think of a 'legal' reason why she wouldn't be a Bolton. You can't marry into a royal name, which is why Cersei remains a Lannister, but you do marry into any other noble name, which is why Catelyn is called Stark and not Tully.

Again, though, if she's calling herself Stark then you can either do so or take an army to debate with you.
Question 3: What's the line of succession like at Winterfell? Assuming Bran and Sansa survive the end-game, who's the Lord/Lady of Winterfell?

Howe_zat

Question 3: What's the line of succession like at Winterfell? Assuming Bran and Sansa survive the end-game, who's the Lord/Lady of Winterfell?
Bran -> Sansa -> Arya. I don't think he'll ever be in a position to claim lordship of anything though.

G.I.Joe

Bran -> Sansa -> Arya. I don't think he'll ever be in a position to claim lordship of anything though.
Question 4: Can Bran father babies to carry on the Stark name if it came to that? (preferably with Meera, I like her).

Howe_zat

There are times I wonder if I'm missing out by not using Reddit, given it can possibly answer any question I could ever think of

Then this happens...
I'm pretty sure that thread is a parody of all the other theory threads that get posted there, which use exactly the same format

Athlai

Not Terrible
So Theon and Asha in Mereen is a huge bloody swerve. In the books they're currently held prisoner by Stannis right? While Euron is only a short way away from Mereen with a fleet.

Howe_zat

So Theon and Asha in Mereen is a huge bloody swerve. In the books they're currently held prisoner by Stannis right? While Euron is only a short way away from Mereen with a fleet.
Yes on the siblings. He sends Victarion to Meeren. Euron is chilling in the Shield islands raiding the Reach.